Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Map Version update

He's given you a configuration for Google, Mark. Not sure it will work though.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Hi Dundee, what is service 2 ? Not aware of that one..cheers, Mark
If you want to use Google Map, make sure your IP address can be changed at anytime.Since Google has limited no of tiles each IP can download...

Just want to say thank you MortenS for keeping us up to date with the map verisons. :(.Safe Flights!

Hi Chris,Ididn't find where I've to chance in my tyleproxy cfg the value you have suggested.Please help me to enhance the fantastic tileproxy.Thank youUgo

hi folks n00b here - is this something I need to update in my tileproxy .cfg?? :)

Proxyuser.iniChange the map_version=xxx line under service example 1, by replacing the number after "=" with the new map version number. You can see an example slightly higher on this page, for service example 3.

Clear the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder only.The service cache is not aware of tile versioning (yet) and it will be re-used. I would only recommend to clear the service caches if the online maps contain newer data and you want to make use of that.Christian
do i do this manually, or is there a way to do it from inside FSX?

No and no.I think the best way is to go in the Tileproxy folder on your start menu in windows, and select "Manage Service Caches". There select the appropriate service and press erase to delete all downloaded tiles. I'm not sure if you'll need to, but I then delete the generated scenery by using the "Cleanup World Folder" under the Tileproxy folder.However if the only change in the new version is higher res textures, I understand it that Tileproxy will download resolutions not downloaded previously, even if you don't delete anything.BTW:Service 1 map version=426