Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Map Version update

Yes, Thanks for the updates Arista. We've been busy moving to another home across the state since July 1st and I've finally got my rig back up and running. Whew!I've just updated the Pre-Configured ProxyUser.ini file available at the Quick-Guide Tutorial to reflect the new map versions and Service 2's "kh*" to "khm*" URL changes. All services seem to be working fine with them. The Beta 6 ProxyUser.ini file has been updated too for those who still prefer to use that version, and I added a few minor clarifications to the tutorial text as well.Happy Landings to all!-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

Service 1 is now at map_version=203Service 2 requested not be used anymore.Service 3 remains at 1.8

>>Service 1 is now at map_version=203>Service 2 requested not be used anymore.>Service 3 remains at 1.8>Yeah, I tried it for the first time last week and it stopped running after getting about 1000 feet in the air. I went back to svc. 3.

Guest pdrgnn

Service 1 Map Version is now = 213.ciaoGiovanni

Guest cbuchner1

Mike Hearn (Google Inc.) stated in his E-Mail that they have ways to deal with people who keep using Tileproxy with their service (either by not upgrading or by modifying the source code to remove the blocker).So there you go... ;-) Meanwhile I'm enjoying my free Google T shirt.Christian

Thanks Giovanni,The map_version=213 update has been noted and changed in the tutorial ini, as well as indications of the November 16th version being the latest update.-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest pdrgnn

Hi everybody and happy Holidays!!!Service 1 map version is now 234.my best regardsGiovanni

Guest ddrueding

After updating my ini file with the new version it stopped using my cached files and began loading new ones. But the old ones were still on the drive, taking up space. Is this the intended behavior, or did I mess something up? Is the best practice to clear everything ("Clean Up World Folder" and "Manage Service Caches") and start again?

Guest cbuchner1
After updating my ini file with the new version it stopped using my cached files and began loading new ones. But the old ones were still on the drive, taking up space. Is this the intended behavior, or did I mess something up? Is the best practice to clear everything ("Clean Up World Folder" and "Manage Service Caches") and start again?
Clear the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder only.The service cache is not aware of tile versioning (yet) and it will be re-used. I would only recommend to clear the service caches if the online maps contain newer data and you want to make use of that.Christian

Guest ddrueding
Clear the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder only.The service cache is not aware of tile versioning (yet) and it will be re-used. I would only recommend to clear the service caches if the online maps contain newer data and you want to make use of that.Christian
Thanks Christian

Guest pdrgnn

Hello!Service 1 Map Version is now 243...CiaoGiovanni