Sign in to follow this  
Guest mervynh

No data?

Guest mervynh

Hi,I've just gone back to Tileproxy after some time and having updated some of my hardware (graphics, memory and monitor), though I'm still stuck with an old P4 single core. The sim is much better now so I thought I try to see whether tileproxy worked better as well. I have installed the latest beta (7) and Ed Truthan's config, adjusted for using the H drive for the data and everything seems to run properly with no error messages but there is no imagery in FSX.I have tried several areas in the US where I have had good data previously but although there are plenty of .flat files with today's date in the tileproxy photoreal world0202texture folder nothing appears in the sim. I checked that the 'world' folders were active in the scenery library and I have rechecked the config points to the right places.Tile proxy acknowledges that FSX is active and runs through until all the circles in the graphic are filled with 'x's for page after page. The last time I tried it had reached 'Preload = 70288', but with 'hit = 0' and 'miss = 0' and 'messages = 205' before the rest of the loading completed and I got a flight with only default scenery. Tileproxy registered that the sim was running. I was using service 3. Any ideas?Mervyn

Guest mervynh

Well they say no news is good news? Anyway trying a few things since the first post. I discovered that clicking on world_xxxx entries in the scenery library didn't bring up the usual data, in fact nothing happened at all, so I deleted a couple of the entries then added them back in again by selecting the appropriate folders in H:tileproxy real world then went into my scenery.cfg and found that the automated entries were listed as H:tileproxy real worldxxxx, where my entries were H:tileproxy... i.e. one less backslash. I changed all the entries to a single backslash and for good measure also the references in the proxyuser.ini file including to the cache.service folders also in H. I then was able to get some photoscenery tiles appearing under my plane in FSX but they were not correct with most tiles the same and seemingly a very lo-res section of coastline, though some came up as part of a world map (the one that appears in the Manage Service Caches utility) with e.g. the whole of the Alaska panhandle coast visible on one tile. Next, examining the contents of the tileproxy real world0101texture folder (I was running a flight near Seattle) I noted that all the files in it were *SU.bmp or *SU.flat while my flight was dated today i.e. spring. Changing the flight time to a summer date resulted in the correct photo tiles appearing in FSX which I thought was a result, but they don't seem to update as I fly along. I have been monitoring the output in the tileproxy window the whole time and at no stage has the 'individual tile accesses' been other than 0 and 0.0 per second. Despite this, as I noted before, the program does appear to be filling the tileproxy real world0101texture folder with the correct tiles, though I only had eight 4096x4096 tiles among almost 3000 lower res ones, most of them 32x32.If anyone can tell me what I should be seeing I would be grateful. My experience with Tileproxy last year with lower spec hardware was much better and I seem to remember getting sensible counts on the tile accesses and rate counters, as well as the hits and misses which are all 0 with the present version.Mervyn

Guest cbuchner1

One thing to verify would be if Tileproxy actually connects to your H: drive.Another thing to check for is whether /Tileproxy Photoreal World/ is part of the path name to the BMP tiles. IT HAS TO BE THAT NAME, renaming breaks the driver code. It actually checks for that character string.So "Tileproxy Real World" is a no-no. "Tileproxy Photoreal World" is fine.Christian

Guest mervynh

Thanks for that Christian. Yes, Tileproxy is connecting to H:. The dialogue as it initially scrolls through says:ProxyUser: World DeviceHarddiskVolume4 ==> H:ProxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume 'deviceHarddiskVolume 4' ProxyUser: Success! Filter loaded as Tileproxy Instancelater:TileAPI: using Cache Folder 'H:cache.service3'The cache folder and relevant Tileproxy Photoreal World0101texture folder is certainly filling up with currently dated .bmps and .flat files for the correct area (near Seattle)and there are corresponding jpg files in the cache.service 3 folder.I am sorry that I misquoted the folder name in my earlier post, the path to the data is correct as in the paragrph above.Given the slow speed of my single core P4 processor I suspect that now that I have changed to a summer flight date and made sure that the relevant entry is checked in the scenery library, the data are arriving as fast as is possible but my query is really why all the counters in the display (tile accesses and rate, hit and miss values) are zero when the correct data are coming in?Mervyn