Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdrgnn

Tileproxy and NOD32 Antivirus

Guest pdrgnn

Hi,I am running Tileproxy very well, (FSX SP2 on a Toshiba Satellite A100) after some adjustements as suggested... BUT: I had to UNINSTALL (disabling it didn't work) my NOD32 antivirus to let TP run. I am now testing Iolo antivirus, which I red let TP run. I am not very happy with this antivirus, and comments on the net are accordingly. Can someone suggest a GOOD antivirus that creates no problems whit TP??Many thanks in advanceCiaoGiovanniBy the way, I reached fantastic FPS (usually between 30 and 50)setting as "Unlimited" the FSX FPS limiter. Don't know if this has been already covered in this forum.

Guest cbuchner1

I run AntiVir Personal edition, it's free and doesn't seem to conflict with TP. Get it from www.avira.comWhen you run Unlimited frame rates, FSX spends less time dedicated to updating the ground tiles, that's why I generally recommend to lock the FPS around 15 to 20.Christian

Guest pdrgnn

Hi Cbuchner1...!!!first of all I must admit you have realized my dream of flying into a real scenery.... Now England Photographic scenery and Dolomites scenery (and similar photorealistic scenery) are really obsolete!! Many thanks!!! I will never fly without TP again. I will test the AV you suggest. Thanks.I will try to limit FPS to 20: in fact, after few minutes flying, the scenery deteriorates, even with a 20mbs ADSL connection.An other question, I am afraid not in theme with the original post:If I am not completely wrong the maxload=17 tells TP to load tiles which are 4096. But the default FSX parameter TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 is constraining the 4096 value or not? I tried to change 1024 to 4096 but it seems that the entered value has been restored to 1024....ciaoGiovanni

Guest cbuchner1

As far as I remember, I try to overwrite the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD with 2048 and 4096 respectively in the Tileproxy Installer.It appears that FSX internally segments the huge 4096 pixel textures into smaller units that get sent to the graphics card. So the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD setting of 1024 seems fine for all uses of TileproxyChristian