Sign in to follow this  

Flight planning

Hi guysIs there anyway to get an ATIS report for your destination and the onroute weather information in FS? After spending some time with the meridian and reading through the piper manual, I would really like to try making my own flightplans.Floyd

Yep! It's not freeware, but ActiveSky wxRE has it's own Flightwatch Radio where you can get the weather info for your current station along with your destination. I think it only costs around 15 bucks, but I enjoy it and never fly without it. Go to http://www.hifisim.com/ to find out more about it.KP

Hi FloydI was also going to suggest ActiveSky as I know it does the job very well indeed.However there is a site which may be of interest to you:www.fltplan.com FltPlan.com is a free General Aviation website that helps create professional IFR flight plans and navigational logs for the serious corporate, charter, or business pilot. Weekend/Pleasure/Student pilots can also use the website for planning VFR flights and the Navigation Log enroute. FltPlan.com provides IFR routing, winds aloft, aircraft performance, ETE's, Airport database, SID/STAR info, frequencies, FBO information, and recommended alternates. You can file your IFR flight plan (not required), get current weather from our website, print out a Flight Briefing for your passengers, and best of all its fast and it's FREE with no obligations. I have not used it. You do have to register, but site states that it is free with no obligations.CheersMike

Thanks for the info gentlemen. Much appreciated :-)

I recently purchased ActiveSky for $21.21 U.S., which was $10.00 less than FSMeteo. I was unfamiliar with either program but finally got fed up with consistently--of late--receiving Jeppesen "real world" garbage winds aloft nearly 180 out from ADDS/Metar actual winds aloft. ActiveSky appears to me, after one weeks usage, to be a quite honest and useful weather addon.The "voice" Metar data reports works okay, but one should switch to 122.0 to receive them while enroute for updates and well in advance of commencing descent and ILS or visual landing vector instructions at the destination, otherwise ActiveSky's voice tends to interfere with ATC instructions. FSMeteo provides much the same thing with its addon cockpit panel which looked pretty impressive to me, but it costs an additional $18.00 U.S. bringing the total for FSMeteo to $50.00 U.S. . Either (probably all weather addon software) program one buys requires FSUIPC Ver. 2.975 to function fully and properly. No one is giving this stuff away anymore (did they ever?).