Sign in to follow this  
Guest tplp02

REWARD!! TP Tiles Not Displaying

Guest tplp02

Help please. The solver of my problem will get a case of beer/soda via Pay Pal. I am at the end of my ropes here. I have the latest TP, MSFS Acceleration, AMD Quad Phenom Processor, 4 GB Memory and PDMG 747-400.I have TP installed correctly (I think)and it does update from Yahoo and the services3 folder is populating. MY ONLY problem is that the tiles are not being displayed when using MSFS. Only the default panels will load and display. I have disabled all scenery except TP world files and it still does not work. AM I missing something here? As I said, everything seems to be working fine with no errors. I have tried different services with the same result. (I am flying in the Pennsylvania area) I have read the manual 3 times and have looked at every available post on the subject with no luck. Somebody must know th answer to this. I am posting my cfg and ini files below.

Guest avra

Exactly the same happened to me. No TP tiles were displayed in FSX, only the default ones, and in the Tileproxy DOS window, "Hit" and "Miss" always remained at 0. Now it works perfectly every time i load TP and FSX. However, i'm not sure of what was the real problem, since i did a few things:-Formatted HD-Installed XP Home (OEM version) with SP2-Installed XP SP3-Installed FSX and SP1-Installed FSX Acceleration-Installed TP and put the cache files on another driveFirst of course, i made a backup of the whole c: drive, just in case i had to revert... no need for it now, everything is fine.

Guest cbuchner1

Try reinstalling Tileproxy, this time picking a different location for Tileproxy Photoreal World. I propose to put it into a subdirectory on D: instead of the topmost (root) level.Christian

Guest tplp02

Thanks to Christian and Avra for both replies. I completed these steps that both of you suggest prior to my post. I even went as far as completely removing FSX and ALL associated programs and reinstalling them along with TP. I also placed the service files and "World" folder on my D: drive. I have always done this (Following the nice "Quick Guide") The only thing installed now is FSX Acceleration, FSUIPC, PDMG 747-400 and the default aircraft. I configured my .ini just as instructed by the guide and checked it 5 times. I read Christians manual completely at least 3 times and I cannot find anything that I did wrong. I am running MS Vista Ultimate with SP1. My DOS window opens and advises "Ready to Take off. The DOS screen populates with */+/- and my service folders do populate with tiles, my World folder has been created and seems to be fine. If I open the service folder, there are VERY clear "Earth Pictures", they just don't display in the flights with ANY aircraft. As I fly and watch the DOS screen, I do get hit, misses and messages. (Hits are far more than misses) and it seems to be loading tiles as I fly because my service folder gets bigger and bigger. Reformatting my drive is not an option due to the fact that I have 120 GB of very important programs and files. I really like the program and it seems to be working fine other than the tile displaying. I am a realist though, and I just might have to reserve myself to the fact that I might just not be able to use it with my system. One of the big reason for my post is that I like a challenge and I may help someone else out along the way, (I might even be able to help the "Inventor" make thing even better) I really would like to get it working, I am pretty computer savvy, however this one has me baffled. Any help will be appreciated and I will hold up to my end of the deal with the REWARD. At this point I am refusing to let this kick my butt. If I can supply ANY more info. for you to look at. Let me know.Respectfully,TP (Program is GREAT Christian!)

Guest tplp02

Please read my prior post and THANK YOU SIR, for your help!!!!TP

Guest tplp02

Thanks sooo much for your input. Please read my prior post above that I posted today.I know you are very busy, perhaps when you have a chance you can take a quick look. If you need additional info., just say what you need.Respectfully,TP

Guest tplp02

....I forgot...I have FireFox set as my default browser.....does this make a difference? Looking at Ed's .ini file....in parenthesis it says "(compatable; MSEI 7.0 etc. I wonder if this could be causing my problem.

Guest cbuchner1

So if you get more Hits than Misses in the console window, it's usually a sign that the Tileproxy driver has started to work.If you still don't see any good textures in FSX, then a virus scanner or similar antispyware app might be confusing Tileproxy. These kind of applications tend to install their own filesystem filters that may influence or alter the read/write patterns that Tileproxy observes.In many cases just deactivating the Antivirus is not enough (e.g. NOD32 antivirus). It may require a deinstallation of the antivirus tool.If that step would remove your firewall protection, it might be advisable to turn the Windows Firewall back on, _especially_ if you're directly connected to a DSL modem through PPPoE.Christian