Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

Google, freeze, caching,....

Guest shnala

Hi guys. This is my problem(s) : As you can see from the attach (I will try to translate it to you but you're probably familiar with it!?), Google recognize my TileProxy searching for textures as some kind "automatic demand of computer virus" or some "spy software application" !? :-mad "In order to protect our customers, we cannot fulfill Your application" !!! Question here is simple - what should I do ?? Yes, I know that I just have to type the right letters here and the problem is gone... but that brings me to my second problems - very often I got my PC freeze in switchin' from windowed to full screen ! So... you can just (maybe!?) imagine my pain when after so much waiting for textures to load and then after "this first problem" I got stuck with even worse - the second one !! "After so much waiting for textures to load"... which brings me to my third problem : I read somewhere that "TileProxy saves the textures on your hard disc, so when you fly at that area again it doesn't need to read them from internet 'coz it read them from your hard disc. Well, I think that my doesn't... Load times are just as long as before and when I move around area I must wait until it load it again. Area is good covered - I tested it on Google Earth and it's my home area, I live in Bosnia, a little town called Lukavac, just ~20km north/west from Tuzla airport. Btw, I fly (of course!) with slow aircrafts (in these tests small and slow Zlin) and my DL speed is quite poor - 1MB/sec. Allegedly ! But this wouldn't be so important if TileProxy really saves the textures on my HD !! When I look at both path where I install it (I think I follow the right install procedure!) the size of them doesn't change at all and if it "saves" them it should, right ? The folder which is into FSX folder is ~16MB size and the other is ~55MB. I have 3G monthly limit, so I would REALLY appreciate if it doesn't need to download the textures all over again. It would be nice to DL some new planes.... sometimes. That's all for now but I'm pretty sore I forgot a couple more... I'll update here, when I remember. :-roll Sorry for being noob but I'm really stuck here and would really appreciate some help.... regards, ~shnala~ __________________________________________________

Well, there really isn't much you can do about the captcha/freezing problem, apart from switching to another provider (don't know if that's an option for your area), or using FSX in window mode.TileProxy should indeed save the images it downloads to your hard disc. You should have two folders where TileProxy stores the results of its work: the TileProxy Photoreal World folder, where the generated scenery is stored, and one folder for each service, usually inside the main TileProxy folder, where the raw images are cached. If the latter doesn't grow over time, make sure that discless mode is disabled in your ProxyUser.ini.

Guest shnala

It's really hard for me to believe that everyone got the problem with that "pop-up" window from Google... but maybe you're right.... Thanks for your answer, any other thoughts ?? P.S.Where should I check did I enable the saving of textures on my hard disc ? ______________________________________

Guest cbuchner1

The freeze may be related to directx_hook=enabled in your ProxyUser.INI file.To avoid the freeze you can also * fly in Windowed mode while using Service #1 * choose another Service that doesn't use CaptchasChristian

Guest shnala

Thank you, Christian for showing interest in my.... case !! I'll try some of your suggestion, just that I really prefer Google ! P.S. Can I just repeat my earlier question : Where should I check did I enable the savingof textures on my hard disc ? ___________________________________

Guest cbuchner1

One thing to check for is that you did not enable diskless mode during Tileproxy installation. When diskless_mode is activated in the ProxyUser.INI file, no texture is ever saved on your hard drive - everything will be processed in RAM exclusively.Another possible reason for Tileproxy not writing to the cache folder might be permissions issue (Tileproxy not being able to write to its cache location for example). If you have Vista, is UAC disabled for sure?Christian

Guest shnala

No, no Vista... Who need Vista if you just want to fly around the world !? It's XP and I have administrator access. But my question is this: Can I (without reinstalling TP completely and take a look at it in installing process) somehow "see" (I mean in some .ini, .tex... file) did I enable or disable saving of the textures on my HD ?? It should be "written" somewhere, right ? If not then I'll reinstall TP and now WILL pay a very close attention during the installation process !!! ;) __________________________________

Guest cbuchner1

There is a start menu option to edit the ProxyUser.INI file. It will pop up right in you Notepad application.Go look for the offline_mode statement and see if it was enabled.Also you might want to check for the location of your cache folders in the INI file. Maybe it points to a folder location that does not exist on your hard drive? That might explain the many downloads that you're seeing. It's a possibility, especially if you copied someone else's INI file (e.g. Ed Truthan's)Christian

Guest shnala

I don't what to say again.... I feel pretty much hopeless now.... I uninstall TP completely, then install it, make sure that disk-less mode is unchecked (it should be unchecked if you want to save bitmaps on your hard drive, right?), then I boot test flight,... this time I choose terrain which must have the best coverage, USA. City Portland, OR. Everything seems fine, except that textures aren't saved, yet again.... Christian, can we switch on PM or something, please, I think no one is interested in this... ____________________________________