Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

textures remain after shutdown

Hi I have a problem with Beta 6/ fs9/ google maps service 2 .This is my first attempt at using tileproxy and the results are fantastic.However when I shut down and later restart the sim at any location without starting tileproxy, some photo textures/grey channels are still embedded in the outer edges only of the tiles as seen using ctrl+s.The only way I can remove the texture corruptions is to uninstall tileproxy altogether although I suspect there is a much easier way...Any ideas how to cure this?, sorry no screenshots thats my next task.regards Jim

Guest cbuchner1

You can take the BGL files from the latest Beta7 version, these will fix the grey ground tiles. It was an authoring problem that is fixed meanwhile.Install Beta 7 first, then install Beta 6 over it and uncheck all installation options except for the program and driver. This should fix it.

Thank you for the help.I decided to try Beta 7 again in fs9 but it did not like Googles KSEA. I assume the default photo scenery clashed with Google as it was all black tiles around the airport and surrounding area,further out was visible.Anyway I used Yahoo this time at Ksea and all was well and no Captcha problems during loading either .Thanks again.regards Jim

Umm... I may have been a bit hasty saying all is well. After a successful KSEA flight I shut down/rebooted the pc and restarted tileproxy/fs9/yahoo at KLAX this time.Unfortunately the tiles surrounding the aircraft are black ,fine in the distance but black tiles follow/surround me continually .I rebooted again and tried various airfields including KSEA (which was ok before) but again black tiles surround the aircraft continually ,but fine in the distance.I have read the manual and searched but can't find the answer...I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction as this Tileproxy has become instantly addictive.regards Jim

OK all is now well funny though ,I tried the min9 max8 fix yesterday using both google and yahoo but it did'nt help,today it loads everytime with the fix and yahoo,now to fly.regards Jim

Guest cbuchner1

well, the support for FS9 is kind of unstable, I admit.Christian