Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Choppers and TP

I am having a great time flying choppers in TP. They are made for it - great forward and sideways vision for sightseeing, you can vary the speed from very slow to Cessna type speeds - and , as we tend to fly slow for TP, they offer a bigger challenge to fly than a very stable small fixed wing a/c. All round, a very pleasing FSim experience.Barry

Guest sstobbe

Some great places for helicopter flights:Service 2: Howson Range west-southwest of CYYD Smithers, British Columbia in vicinity of W127:39' N54:27'.Mt. Waddington area northwest of CBA7 Scar Creek, British Columbia.Service 3: Spearhead Range south of Whistler, British Columbia, southwest of CYPS, Pemberton British Columbia in vicinity of W122:55' N50:09'Pack the Dramamine, be sure you have terrain mesh with at least 38m source data, happy landings!

Hi SteveThnaks for that - will put those into the "must do" file.Right now, I am flying around Oahu, using the freeware 10M mesh. With all it's faults, after this, I simply cannot now go back to using default textures and autogen. They look so "cartoonish" . I have travelled round the world quite a bit in my time - and have always been inter4eted in geography. I find the TP is marvelous for seeing the world as real as it can be.I understand that the Canary Islands is another beautiful place - there is a mesh for that as well.Have a look at the city of Capetown in South Africa - very interesting too. In TP, I do prefer to keep away from urban areas - they dont look so good to me. Mountaneous desert areas look real good - and considering how poor desert textures are represented in default FSx, TP is the only way to fly in these type of areas. Barry