Sign in to follow this  
Guest papaschild

Ms virtual earth help

Guest papaschild

Hi Everyone!Could someone please tell me how i might get MS virtual earth to work in Tileproxy?Im trying to fly round australia and find Yahoo maps is very pixelated, maybe it it for all of them, but i'd like to see the difference! thanks:)!

Inside the PROXYUSER.INI file, you will find this section# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=Acme Globe Service#source=Service Example 1#source=Service Example 2source=Service Example 3#source=Service Example 4All you have to do is comment out all the sources except Service Example 1. This one is MS Virtual Earth.Australia is not well covered by high resolution textures by any of the Service providers. You can find which Service provider has the best looking textures by looking at these 3 websites http://www.flashearth.com/http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/maps.htmlhttp://www.jonasson.org/maps/Australia is so big that you cannot really expect to fly too far from an area which has good high res textures before you run into the low res ones. I am finding that when using TP (even in countries that have good high res textures) you are better to merely fly around a smallish area slowly , round and round an area , rather than in a straight line. This means that you slowly download all the high res textures in that area and you get a good experience. I am currently touring the Island of Oahu in a helo ( Helos are good for TP) - it is only about 30 miles long by 20 miles across. It is going to take me about 10 one hour flights to completely cover the island - but it is very intersting and educating to do so. I research things about the part of the island that I am going to fly over next - you can see in Google Earth peoples holiday photos that they have taken. This , for me, makes the TP experience so much more interesting.Barry

Guest papaschild

thanks bazza< cant wait till oz goes hi rez though:)