Sign in to follow this  
Guest gepender

HELP PLEASE - TP beta 7 only works at Dillingham Hawaii

Guest gepender

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TP beta 7 three times. I haven't gotten any cached tiles, but I get nearly 700-800 tiles per second, 100k+ preloaded, and 100k+ hits, etc., and have used GE and Yah as sources the 2nd and 3rd installs - but TP has lots of black tiles, shows airport buildings and runways correctly at HNL, COU, SLC, Grand Canyon, and Hana, but land areas are usually black, but this last install I saw green rectangles, plus other colored ones. Weird.I LOVE the way it works at Dillingham, and hope I can get it to work most places.Suggestions please.Gary p.Dell XPS 720, Intel Duo Quad 2.67 MHz, 4 GB Ram, dual nVidia 8800 GT 512's SLI, dual 500 GB WD HDD with partitions for FSX and TP, Vista Home Premium, O&O defrag, Alacrity PC, nHancer, FSX SP2, UTX NA and EU, GEX NA, GSgenesis NA, Scenery Tech NA and EU.

Gary,Make sure that you only have one service activated - G***** in this case.# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=Acme Globe Service#source=VirtualEarthsource=Google#source=Yahoo#source=AskBern

Guest gepender

Thanks for the reply. Here is my current ini file, with most comments cut out, for length. I used the Cleanup World Folder before running TP and FSX - I selected Hana Maui as the starting point - using Yah@@ as the service - I got lots of BMPs in World Folder 003 Texture folder along with lots of flats. The BGLs in 003 Scenery are all from the Beta install - no new BGLs anywhere in the World Folders.Also, no cached tiles in TileProxyCache, which I am certain is ON to do.Here are two screen shots - airport buildings show and so does one piece of special scenery - obviously, I am doing something wrong here! I have spent many hours trying to get this going correctly - only Dillingham works right, but still no cached tiles. [TileProxy]master_enable=Onlogfile="G:logfile.txt"diskless_mode=Nooffline_mode=Onmax_lod=17preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=17max_contexts=512water_mask=Onwater_blending=Onblend_distance=500.0blend_exponent=1.0alpha_min=0.2678alpha_max=0.7water_rgb=#000D1Awater_smoothing=Offwater_threshold=0.33cache_tiles_limit=250000# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=v@@@@@@@@@@h#source=g@@@@esource=Yah@@#source=A@@menu_sources="v@@@@@@@@@@h|g@@@@e|Yah@@|A@@"enable_hooking=Noenable_movingmap=No[Yah@@]cache_folder=G:TileProxyCacheYah@@network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17level_mapping=Onlevel_mapping=7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,14,14,15,16,17map_version=1.8color_hack=Oncolor_level=0bulk_extend=50

Guest gepender

I cleaned the World Folder again, and started in Hana. Different results, but somewhat similar. Tiles weren't all black this time - it looked like I was seeing mesh - used Yah@@ again.Please look at the attachments to let me know what is happening here.ThanksGary P.

I am getting good results with TP using FSx SP1 - and my INI file looks different to yours.Firstly you are trying to get 30cm textures - this may be a problem for you as it overloads my system.Also I do not like the look of your source line in your INI filesource=Yah@@Mine looks like this below source=Service Example 2I suggest that you use my INI file and see what results you get See attachment ( currently set up to use Google) Cut and paste the ENTIRE contents of the attached TXT file into Notepad and save it as an INI file - do not try to abbreviate it. I notice that you do not have the TILEPROXY statement at the head of your INI file. EDIT - I have just noticed that I was using OFFLINE mode yesterday - my INI file still shows this. It needs to be turned off.Regards Barry

Guest gepender

Barry,Thanks - I will try it shortly. My current ini file doesn't have the @@ in there - I did that for the Forum.Do you have scenery.cfg entries for TP? My doens't have any?Cheers,Gary P.

Barry, the [TileProxy] header is there, as is the [Yah@@] one. But if you don't check the plain text format option above the text entry box, this forum will remove anything that has square brackets around it. I think '[Yah@@]' is perfectly fine - I don't think TileProxy will treat the @ characters specially.>[TileProxy]>...>offline_mode=OnBut this is bad. It means that TileProxy will *not* download any textures, but try to work with what it's already got on disk instead. So turn this off.>max_lod=17As said, this is ambitious for the first try, albeit not wrong (and probably not the culprit anyway).>...>[Yah@@]>...>min_level=5>max_level=17This doesn't match your max_lod above. Set it to max_lod + 2, ie. 19 if you really want 30 cm textures.>level_mapping=On>level_mapping=7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,14,14,15,16,17Well, and moreover, the combination of these settings doesn't make much sense at all. Basically, you're telling TileProxy to feed FSX 30 cm textures (max_lod=19), but to generate these by blowing up 1 m textures by a factor of 16 (ie. quadrupling both width and height; max_level=17). Furthermore, you request that TileProxy create all the low resolution textures by shrinking higher resolution tiles by a factor of, again, 16 (level_mapping). That last one is in itself a *huge* waste of bandwith and processing power. So I'd suggest you turn level mapping off for now.>color_hack=OnThat's probably unnecessary with this service. I haven't ever come across any black&white tiles from them. Moreover, this features doesn't seem to work properly anyway at the moment, and might be responsible for strange color glitches. It's probably best to leave it off for now.Edit: Gary, are you sure you're looking at the correct scenery.cfg? There are several, and you should be looking at the one in Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSX. Judging from your screenshots, I think you do have TileProxy entries in that one.

Guest gepender

Thanks for your reply. I copied barry's ini file and used it. Cleaned up World Folder - then ran TP and FSX and used Hana as the airport with GE.Same results. See attached jpg. My head hurts. I will turn off those items you indicated should be off, save it, clean up the World File, and try again.I am getting nearly 1800 tiles per second at times, it is really going.I still don't understand why Dillingham works, and the others don't.Cheers,Gary P.

Hi GaryMake sure that your OFFLINE mode is turned OFFoffline_mode=OffMy INI file had it turned ON - as did your original INI file that you posted. Your original file was offline_mode=On - as was mine because I was playing with offline mode yesterday and forgot about it.I am sure that this will be your problem - as Arista has picked up. This would be why you are getting textures at one airport and not at any othersBarry

Guest gepender

See the attached jpg - much, much better now - the FSX scenery doesn't show at the airport, except the runway and the buildings, but I am getting so much closer now!Thanks and cheers,Gary P.

Not sure what you mean by - the FSX scenerydoesn't show at the airport, except the runway and thebuildings?? In TP, basically only the runway and airport buildings are the only things that do show apart from the downloaded G or Y textures. Autogen does not show in TPI am very happy with what I am getting Innsbruck with G*** and Oahu with Y***Barryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191308.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191309.jpg

Guest gepender

Thanks Bazza,I didn't know that Autogen and other FSX scenery wouldn't show at the airport - my Dillingham had autogen - but I now believe that was operator error - me.I have just toured Maui - AWESOME - as my former Australian colleagues used to say - good - oh.Very pleased Now. Many thanks.My former colleagues in Sydney called me Gazza, Cheers,Gazza in Columbia MO USA