Sign in to follow this  
Guest karstele

Airstart in FSX ? To continue where I left my last flight . . .

Guest karstele

Hi againDoes anyone know how one can continue with a flight from the coordinates on where the last flight was quit ?When quitting a flight I can look up the exact coordinates where I stopped - so far so good. But when I insert these coordinates in the .flt file that I have saved, the next time I chose that flight it starts again at the airport just where I began the previous flight and ignores the new coordinates that I had given as the entrypoint.What am I overlooking?There are preconfigured .flt-fligths that start "in the air" at a given set of coordinates, so it is obviously possible - but how?Why do I want to do that anyway? To avoid that I have to fly all the way again until I come to the point where I left TP the evening before . . .Since I'm flying only helicopters in FSX, the radius of action within a given time is somewhat limited. And I want to know what's behind that next mountain ;-)Thanks in advanceKarsten

Hi KarstenI also fly helos in TP - the best a/c for TP in my opinion. All you need to do when you have do shut down the flight (Darling -- dinner is ready!!) is land somewhere (not absolutley necessary but better in helos than in fixed wing) - and after landing go to the SAVE flight menu and tick the box that says "make this the default flight?" Next time you start TP and FSx, they will know just exactly where you have landed - load up all the textures ( which TP already has stored) and then you are away againBarry

Guest karstele

Thanks Barry . . .isn't that embarassing - I fly with FS since FS2000 and I didn't know that! Thank you again, I will try that today:-jumpy Greetings Karsten

You don't need to tick the default flight box. Just remember how you called the flight, and select it from the window that comes up when you click the Load ('Flug Laden'?) button at the bottom of the Free Flight ('Flug erstellen'? I think that's what it was called in FS9) window. You don't even need to land - true 'air starts' are indeed possible. I agree, though, that that might make for some exciting aerobatic stunts with a helo when you continue the flight. And there's another caveat: some of the more complex addon aircraft don't really like to be launched like this, with their systems already running, and will do all kind of weird things if they are.

Guest karstele

Well,I finally got it sorted . . .You are right (both of you) and it works!It doesn't matter if I land or not - what matters is that I save the flight before quitting it . . . which I never ever did.All the years I have only used the Full Screen Mode for FS. So, what I always did was quitting the flight and then, where the chosen airplane is displayed, saved that flight. Doing so I end up starting this flight anew always from the beginning on.Saving the flight during the flight makes FS saving it at the exact place that I am, in this moment.Very helpful for me to know that.Once again: thank you both for your help!Greetings Karsten