Sign in to follow this  
quantel

Beta6 Tileproxy problem

I am trying to get this program to work with FS9 without success.I have installed Tileproxy in my FS9 directory on my C drive. butwhen I start the program the following is reported :TileProxy Directory is C:FS 910TileProxy, Tileproxy will operate on drive C:System error 1060 has occurred.The specified service does not exist as an installed service.Load failed with error: 0x80070420An instance of the service is already running.Attach failed with error: 0x801f0012An instance already exists with this name on the volume specified.proxyUser: will operate on drive C:proxyUser: DeviceHarddiskVolume1 ===> C:proxyUser: Setting processor affinity mask to 2proxyUser: Configuration summary master_enable=1 offline_mode=0 menu_sources=Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example 3|Service Example 4 source=Service Example 1(Virtual Earth) lod_distance=1000.000000 preload=15 network module=libnettile module configuration= max_lod=15 (1024x1024 tiles) min_level=5 max_level=17 color_hack=0 color_level=13 bulk_extend=0 level_mapping=Not activated map_version= water_mask=On water_smoothing=Off water_threshold=0.330000 water_blending=On blend_distance=500.000000proxyUser: Connecting to the filter ...TileAPI: Using network module 'libnettile'TileAPI: Network configuration ''TileAPI: Service name is 'Service Example 1(Virtual Earth)'TileAPI: Using cache folder 'tilecache'TileAPI: Map version is ''and the program hangs with no internet visible activity taking place.I would really appreciate some help.Alan

It seems your proxyuser.ini file is pretty screwed up. It looks like TileProxy can't find the service section you have specified in the active 'source' line. First, make sure there is only one active 'source' line - all but one should be commented out. Then, make sure that the name you give in the 'source' line matches the name of the respective service section (the one in square brackets) exactly. If you have 'source=Service Example 1(Virtual Earth)', but further down it says [service Example 1], it will not work.

Hi Arista,Thank you for your prompt reply.The installation seems to have progressed a little further now stopping at TileAPI : Mapversion `55`The Tileproxy Photoreal World directory in drive C: comprises directories LWM plus directories 0000 to 1107 each of which contains scenery and texture directories . All of the scenery directories seem to contain bgl's but many of the texture directories appear to be blank. The scenery.cfg in FS9 appears to in order with correct references to the directories 0000 to 1107.The problem appears to be in the proxyUSer.ini configuration which I have set up as follows: #source=Acme Globe Service //(Fake Example)source=Service Example 1 #source=Service Example 2 //(Google Earth)#source=Service Example 3 //(Yahoo Maps)#source=Service Example 4 //(Ask.com)[service Example 1]cache_folder=E:Tileproxy Cachecache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.virtual earth|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=%v|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=17map_version=55level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17#level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50I would appreciate any help that you may be able to provide.Regards,Alan

Guest cbuchner1

virtualearth.net, not virtualearthIt's supposed to be an internet Address, and those usually end on .org, .com ... or in this case on .net

Thank you for your prompt reply.The installation seems to have progressed a little further but after FS9 loads there are no photo textures only default.Does Tileproxy need to have Virtualearth and/or Google loaded or in the system in order to work?Google I have but I cannot locate a free copy of Virtualearth.Regards,Alan

Hi AlanI believe that your TP installation is not working because your INI is all wrongHere is the FS9 version of what you should see for Service 1[service Example 1]cache_folder=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=%v|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=15map_version=174#level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50If you compare this with the code you posted, you will see 3 things wrong 1. Server address. You have server=http://a*.virtual earth - it should read http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net (before the PATH section)2. Map version . You have map_version=55 - it should be 1743. Max level. You have max_level=17 - it should be 15. And check to see that elsewhere in the INI file, you have max_lod=13 . This is because this LOD level is the highest you can get in FS9.TP works well in FS9 - not as high resolution textures as in FSx - but still worthwhile.Did you download Ed Truthans INI files and ensure that you used the one for FS9?Barry

Hi Alan,If you're still having troubles, try this ProxyUser.ini file: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/ProxyUser_Beta6.zipIt's the updated (08/17/08) version of the pre-configured Beta 6 ini from the TP Quick Guide that includes the new map versions and Service 2 URL changes from kh* to khm*-Ed(Finally got things updated there...I've been moving...)

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Hi Barry and Ed,I have managed to get the program to work around KSEA with both virtualearth and google.There are many missing tiles but I will experiment further.I have enjoyed Flight Simulator since the Bruce Artwick days and at the age of 77 I still get a kick out of trying something new. Thank you for your help - it is much appreciated.Regards,Alan WilsonPort ElizabethSouth Africa