Sign in to follow this  
Guest Domr

Captcha form makes FS9 die

Guest Domr

I'm guessing there may be no answer for this but maybe someone else has had this issue. If I want to use g***le as my data source sooner or later I get the captcha form pop up,fine no problem, i type in the code then for some reason FS9 has just all locked up! I can't get back to it at all. Ok so the answer is not to use that service which is what I try not to do but there are a couple of areas where this is the only service with good coverage. Has anyone else had the problem of the captcha form crashing fs9 if yes did you solve it and how?ThanksDomp.s I'm using TP 7 (march 21 version) Firefox as my default web browser i have a AMD 64 2.25ghz processor2gb Ram1mb adsl512ddr ram ATI x550 Graphics card.Win XP (service pack 2)

I have had this problem in the past with FSx - but only very occasionally.I find when using TP that it is better to setup your default flight (that is the one that the Sim opens up to and all you have to do is click "FLY") before starting TP. This means I start TP - and then, after the TP box indicates everything is OK , I start FSx. It takes a while for FSx to startup and go to the saved flight that I will be using, and then I click "Fly".I believe my problem with FSX crashing to desktop was somehow linked to my changing the flight scenario ( aircraft, startup airport, weather , date/time)) while TP was attempting to start downloading tiles. By going through my startup sequence as detailed, I now no longer have problems with the Captcha form Barry

Are you using FS9 in fullscreen mode by any chance? If so, you might want to give window mode a try, just to see if it makes any difference.

Guest Domr

seems to work crash in fullscreen and windowed unfortunately.Dom

Guest Domr

I just realised my last reply made no sense .What I was trying to say is it crashes in windowed or fullscreen mode.(note to self- learn to write properly)Dom

The funny thing is, I understood you perfectly the first time I read your reply. I guess my eyes just subconsciously skipped the word 'work' to make it make sense. Or something like that. Anyway, just another stab in the dark: Do you have the Direct X hooking stuff enabled?Judith

Guest Domr

Thanks for the help.No never enabled that i think the recommendation was not to. I'm wondering if it's possible for the capture form to be set to use internet explorer rat5her than firefox? This is the only thing I can think of.Dom