Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

Leftover Tiles After Uninstall?

OK, I took the plunge and installed TileProxy several hours ago in my FSX installation. Got the latest version and followed all the instructions from the "TileProxy Quick Guide", and initially everything worked fine. Then tried the 30cm settings, and all heck broke loose. Absolutely nothing worked as far as tile loading, etc, and resetting the .ini back to 1.1m didn't solve the problem. Only option I saw was to uninstall TileProxy to start over again. I followed the uninstall instructions, and it supposedly uninstalled. But now...See this picture:fsx1na3.jpgIt's off the USA East Coast just east of KJFK. I also get the same thing off the West Coast just west of KLAX. I've gone nuts trying to figure out what is happening. It looks like there might be "leftover" scenery tiles from TileProxy in my FSX scenery folders. I've looked everywhere, but not sure what I'm really looking for. My scenery.cfg file is fine...no abnormal entries there. FSX.cfg file looks good also. I'm stumped. I noticed that TileProxy installed numerous folders to the top of my Scenery Library when I installed it, and it seems they were "higher level" ones that may have duplicated the Base File scenery folders. Is it possible there are leftover scenery tiles in the Base Folders now that could be causing this?I've tried everything I can think of to track it down. I'm stumped. I'm really not looking forward to a re-install of FSX to fix this. Does anybody have ANY idea how I can get my "pre-TileProxy" FSX back without the above problems?Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest spybaz

This anomaly has happened me when flying from Ireland to england. I found that I was flying too fast (using too fast an aircraft).When I re-flew it in a slower aircraft, the tiles downloaded fine and replaced the blurred tiles.Hope this helps!

Thanks, but like I said above, the picture is taken AFTER I UNINSTALLED TileProxy. There are no tiles trying to be downloaded...there's no TileProxy running. Either TileProxy left .bgl files on my computer after the uninstall, or it messed up my landclass, or something. I'm just trying to figure out what it is so I can fix it now that TP is no longer on the 'puter.

Rick Ryan