Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rysher

TP problems under Vista 64

Guest Rysher

Hello!A friend of mine have a major problem with TP under W.Vista 64. After startup, TP's window writes a bunch of errors, like "could not load filter driver" ; "could not translate error" ; "error connecting filter port". So what may be the problem? Thanks for help, if someone can.. :)Regards!

Guest cbuchner1

Early on during boot (before the Vista logo appears), press F8 until you end up in a boot menuSelect the option to allow loading of unsigned drivers.Then try again.Christian

Guest mervynh

Hi Christian,I also have Vista 64 bit. On a new Quad core PC which finally has the power to run Tileproxy 'perfectly'. Unfortunately Windows wants a signed driver. I tried to follow your advice but I don't get an option to use unsigned drivers. When my PC boots it displays a message saying press Del for Setup, Esc for Boot Menu. Pressing F8 does nothing. Pressing Esc gets a boot menu, but the only options it gives me are for selecting the boot first device (removable drive, hard disk etc). Selecting an option here gets me to a list of devices and selecting the relevant drive then immediately boots Windows. Any other suggestions or am I to consign Tileproxy to the Recycle bin?Mervyn

Guest cbuchner1

The F8 should work right after the screen turns black (following the BIOS messages) and before the Windows start logo appearsIt's the same menu that allows you to choose Safe Mode

Guest mervynh

Hi Christian,Thanks for that extra info. It has worked although the installation still reported that 'this version of Windows does not support unsigned drivers'. My first few experiences with using Tile Proxy have however been less successful with very long loading times of the order of an hour for new areas, and very slow updating when flying out of initial areas (all in the Sierra Nevada Ca)so that I had to wait a long time (go and do something else) before the higher res tiles appeared. My latest effort with 60cm resolution on service 1 took 55 mins. Normal loading of other photo textures (non-internet) that I have take around 1-2 mins on my system which is a Q9550 o'cd to 3.4 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 with 896Mb, 4 GB ram, Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit and 10 Mb/s Broadband connection. When the flight I loaded appeared it was a late afternoon shot which conflicted with the photo shadows so I stupidly reset the time to nearer midday, a process which normally reloads the sim in less than 30 secs, thinking the tiles were already in the cache but even so it paused at 24% for over 10 minutes before I killed it with task manager. The tileproxy window at that stage was not loading any new tiles, with the following statistics displayed: Preloaded 54328921, Hit 432068, Miss 269546, Messages 269944, Tile accesses 399731. I don't know whether these are the correct order of magnitude for a single site load when the airplane has not been moved. I do have McAfee Security Suite installed but am not using the firewall and disabled the Antivirus before running tile proxy. However a message kept appearing in the tileproxy window saying -"Tileproxy.sys: Precreate: Unsolicited access to 'Program FilesMicrosoft Gamestileproxy photoreal world0202texture....su.bmp' by 'Device Harddisk Volume1Program FilesMcAfeeMBKMcAfeeDatabackup.exe' which possibly slowed the program. This backup process is running all the time in the background, checking for files which may qualify for backup, though I have not specified a backup routine for it. I believe it could be ended via the task manager processes tab though I haven't tried it.I did think with the new system I would not have any trouble with Tileproxy, the scenery is certainly stunning when you get it, but I dont think my patience is long enough to wait this length of time.Mervyn

Guest mervynh

Hi again,Just to report that having read thread 3591 started by JimmiG, where he was able to cure a similar problem over Sweden by setting the water mask to off, I tried the same 'fix' and it worked. I am now getting very good load times and real time updating at 60-80kt over the Sierra Nevada in California. Curiously he said he didn't have a problem over California - but it's a big state! - there are a large number of small lakes in the Sierra (Mount Whitney area). Mervyn