Sign in to follow this  
Guest fisherm

Loading Terrain data freezes at 34%

Michael,No joy yet huh? Well, I don't know if you've tried this yet, but some users wth recurrent problems such as yours have fixed them by completely uninstalling TP, (with it's "Uninstall TileProxy and Data" programs menu shortcut),then manually removing any folders the uninstaller may have left behind, and doing a CLEAN RE-INSTALL. Q: Why does this work? A: Who knows. My only theory is that it may work for some users because "something" (a TP file, etc.) was blocked or did not install properly to begin with previous to you having shut down various system processes (UAC, virus scans, etc.) It's also possible that in troubleshooting the issue something became corrupted as well. As I haven't seen from this thread that you have tried this yet, I thought I'd suggest it. I have seen several users, who, after pulling their hair out for days trying to get TP to work properly, took 10 minutes to do a clean re-install and presto! Again...WHY it works is anybody's guess, but you may wish to try it and at least eliminate it as a possible cure before spending more time troubleshooting other issues. Do the re-install with all your virus and security scanners off of course.Good luck and we'll keep an eye on this thread.-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest fisherm

I tried your suggestion on a FS9 install on another machine that was freezing at 34%. It worked the first time after I reinstalled it but when I exited, uninstalled the tileproxy drive per the menu option and went back into FS9 again, it froze up at the same place.The one time it did work I flew out of KMCO and did notice that the airport was surrounded by water but the scenery was being loaded properly otherwise.Thanks for the suggestion

Guest fisherm

I had to do a complete uninstall of Symantec Antivirus and now it works perfectly.Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Guest spybaz

Funny. I had TP running great. I changed nothing (that I know of) but lately my FSX stops loading usually in and around 34%. I wait for a half hour - nothing....stuck on 34%.It has loaded on occasion but even then it takes up to a half hour to load.I have had to stop using TP cuz the wait is too long now :(Any ideas anyone?

Guest spybaz

never mind - it must have been a puter issue cuz it's loading fine now...