Sign in to follow this  
Guest garf424

Tiles loading at low speed

Guest garf424

I have a quad four processor with a high speed internet connection. During flight the tiles load anywhere from 0-68. I know this is not fast enough and have tried several different things to bring the tile loading up. When I start the flight the scenery around the aircraft is sharp. Within a couple of minutes the scenery is blurry. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase the loading time?

Guest Challenger 604

I came to this forum just now to post the exact same problem. I have a AMD Phenom 9850 Quad with SLI 8800GT's 4Gigs of RAM and Comcast Cable internet.So I get around 100-400 tiles per second.After the initial loaded area is flown out of even in a Piper Cub it get's blurry fast. I thought by having this setup I would solve my problems but NO.I have FSX with SP2 and the latest Beta Installed.I must have either installed something wrong or have a wrong setting. I've tried all 4 online services.HELP!!!

Guest cbuchner1

There is still a mystery why - despite having a high end system - some people get the blurries real bad. This is unrelated to Tileproxy even because this has plagued people since FSX SP1.

Guest Challenger 604

Thanks for the reply. There has to be some reason. I know with SP1 I got real bad preformance. I had hoped your latest version with fix that. Flying with default scenery with the lag of autogen is just not fun.Is it possible that someone with great performance could submit their .ini file? I have the one that was pre-made and has all 4 services on it. But I wonder if others have tried tweaks withing their file that has helped?I even turned all the water stuff off and no help.Any comments would be appreciated.

I resumed use of TileProxy after about a year away from it. I have had some excellent results with non-blurred flights. However, recently that has become a problem. Watching the Internet flow showed that there was little added data from there. Certainly it was not a a significant stream. If I get back to it I want to dump all of the stored data to see if that helps. In my somewhat humble opinion there is always the problem of FSX having to deal with the large amount of textures due to the FS9 format. I have 1.9gb of stuff in the texture folder where I fly a lot. I do not know the indexing system for dealing with these files but that is a lot of data to mess with. My CPU is flat out (2 cores 2.5ghz) with TileProxy.Just some random thoughts....Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I cleared out the World TP folders. Used the Cessna 172 and flew a straight path. I already had most of the texture tiles in my cache. Therefore, the burden was placed upon TP to make the BGLs and FSX to render them. There were times that things got behind (blurred) but then, without intervention, they cleared up. I tried different priorities for TP and FSX using the Task Manager. I always made things worse. Both programs seem to need all of the CPU time they can get. The end result was that I found no setting that helped. I believe that my system may be close to minimum for flights at 80knots. Higher speed blurred, Slower needs the powered hang glider. I may try it later. Also, I need to try all sliders to the left in FSX. Rather like an old analog computer with significant interaction between adjustment points.Right now my system indicates a CPU bottleneck given max load at all times contrary to FSX alone where one core had some topside leeway. I doubt that the video card is involved since it only presents what it is given and that is done prior in the process. Finally, max FPS setting is critical. Mine is at 19fps.XP/SP3 DualCore e4400 2.5ghz(OClocked) 8600 256mg video card=================================================Reduced to no traffic, no objects ND SIMPLE CLOUDS. Most blurred tiles sharpened when they were beside the aircraft. Some were blurred to the front left - acceptable. I also tried to reduce the green intensity. Comparison in photos(aka screenie weenies). The downside of an adjustment is a slightly purple panel.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yokehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192754.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192756.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA