Sign in to follow this  
Guest hfbo

Rectangles in the sea with TileProxy

Guest hfbo

Is there a possibility to eliminate the ugly rectangles in the water?screenfreitag001zx9.jpgHerbert

Guest cbuchner1

This is with Tileproxy Beta 7 ?Hmm, do you get reflective water textures at all Are the water shader settings in FSX graphics options on Low/High 1.1 or Low/Med/High 2.0 ? How are the water related settings in ProxyUser.INI currently configured?Christian

Guest hfbo

>This is with Tileproxy Beta 7 ?>>Hmm, do you get reflective water textures at all Are the water>shader settings in FSX graphics options on Low/High 1.1 or>Low/Med/High 2.0 ? >>How are the water related settings in ProxyUser.INI currently>configured?>>Christian>Tanks Christian for your replay.It is TileProxy Beta 7. I have this effect with FSX default and also with all the variations of FEX I have tried yet

Guest hfbo

Once again - I forgot about the Ini file which you may se in the attachment.Herbert

Guest cbuchner1

Just as an idea - if you have a Shader model 2.0 capable graphics card, try increasing your FSX water settings to Low 2.0I am also getting these rectangles on a notebook with an Intel GMA chipset which is not really capable of running Shader Model 2.0. I don't have these problems on any decent nVidia graphics card (7800GT, 8800GT, 9600GSO).Christian

Guest spybaz

Just a tought - did you check the provider's actual satellite imagery? Maybe that's what the tiles actually look like...?

Guest hfbo

Thanks guys for your sympathy.@ChristianThanks for the proposal to increase the water settings to Low 2.0. I tried that for several times but had always CDs. So then I installed FSX once again, had still the rectangular with the water setting 1x but no crashes anymore with Low 2.0 and o wonder the rectangular were gone. I

Guest cbuchner1

Holy smokes, that screenshot looks sexy. Is that shuttle a FSX default scenery object? Overall this screenie looks like an AAA payware product ;)Christian

Guest hfbo

>Herbert >>What part of the world was this screenie taken??>>Barry@BarryThe first picture shows a scenery just a few miles south of Cape Canaveral.Herbert