Sign in to follow this  
hilton

TP stopping

I have recently had some connection problems so have not been flying with TP for a few weeks. Having got back I find that I am still having the same problem as before namely the TP shuts itself down after loading scenery (but it can also shut down during a flight). At this point the scenery becomes corrupted. It is possible to re-start TP and it will pick up from where it left off only to crash again.I am flying over Scotland using GE or VE.This is my ini file, can anyone see anything wrong?## Start a line with # to comment it out.# Turn your text editor's Word Wrapping OFF for editing this document.## Read the manual for help with configuration. Do not contact the# author about the configuration for particular services. Thank you.#[TileProxy]# Enable or disable worldwide photographic scenery coverage (Yes/True/On to enable)master_enable=On# Write a logfile to disk. In recommend to only turn this on for debugging purposes.# When using FSX RTM or FS 2004, the logfile will grow VERY fast and affect performance.#logfile="C:logfile.txt"# If you have concerns about possible copyright violations by storing JPEG and BMP# tiles on your hard drive, this switch is the solution. By enabling diskless mode,# Tileproxy will not store a single tile on your hard drive. Guaranteed. Expect higher# network usage though. Note that offline mode will depend on tiles being available# in the cache.diskless_mode=Off# Offline Mode - No network access will occur (Yes/True/On to enable)offline_mode=No# Resolution limiter: 17 = 30cm/pixel, 16 = 60cm/pixel, 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing. The 30cm resolution may only be feasible# if you have at least 2GB of system memory.max_lod=16# The following two settings allow you to tune Tileproxy to not preload specific LOD levels. This can# be used in conjunction with third party scenery products like "FS Altitude" that provides data only# up to a specific resolution. If you place this scenery higher than Tileproxy's world folders in the# scenery library then it will have precedence over Tileproxy for the specific LOD levels that it# contains. You can then instruct Tileproxy to not preload these low resolution LOD circles because# they are not needed anyway.# Lowest LOD ring to automatically preload tiles for. Must not be lower than 8.preload_min_lod=8# Lowest LOD ring to automatically preload tiles for. Must not be higher than 17.preload_max_lod=17# The maximum number of tile contexts that Tileproxy will send to the filter driver. A context# is essentially a very fast buffer for graphics data sitting in kernel memory that delivers# data right into FSX. Each tile context can hold an entire LOD 8...15 tile. Higher values# mean more use of your precious kernel memory though. The maximum number is 512. Lower if# you run out of RAM during flight and the PC starts to use the paging file a lot.max_contexts=512# Generate Water Mask. This brings back shader-rendered water and allows# for the use of planes with floats (Goose, Beaver, etc...). If you turn this# option off, you get the Tileproxy behavior of Beta 5 and earlier versions.water_mask=On# Recommendation: FSX users: Use water_blending=on, water_smoothing=off# to get soft land/water transitions## FS9 users: Use water_blending=off, water_smoothing=on# to get hard land/water transitions which# Tileproxy tries to match pixel-exact against coast-lines## Combining water_smoothing and water_blending is discouraged.# It's slow and gives weird results.# Use blending techniques to create a soft land/water transition with some# transparency effect near the shoreline. Compatible with FSX only.water_blending=On# The distance in meters that you want land/water blending to extend from the# shore line. Larger values require more processing. Large values are now possible,# useful values are up to 2000 meters. Very high values may be detrimental to water# mask resolution. Loading speed however remains mostly unaffected by this setting.blend_distance=1500.0# The rate at which terrain is blended into the water color. 1.0 means a linear# blending, values > 1.0 blend faster. Values 80# movingmap_radius=60## Here begin the service specific configurations## This is new when you specify captcha_module## On encountering HTTP 302 redirects the captcha module will send Internet Explorer's cookies# stored for the specified service domain to the web server. It will also display whatever web# page the service redirects you to. This could be a page requiring you to enter a so-called# captcha. After entering the captcha correctly, the resulting session cookie will be stored as# a permanent cookie (expiration 1 day) in your IE Cookies folder and sent to the service on# subsequent requests. You will then be able to use the service as long as you wish, given that# you correctly enter the captcha dialog which may nag you once every 20 minutes or so.# # Explaining the captcha_config arguments:## cookiedomain from captcha_config specifies the domain name for which cookies are stored.# This might be the service name plus a top level domain like ".com"## cookieurl specifies a HTTP url from which an identifying cookie will be retrieved first, if# no existing identifying cookie is found. This may be required sometimes to make the captcha# dialog appear in the first place. This could be the service's front page URL (e.g. a search# engine)[Acme Globe Service]cache_folder=G:Program Filescache.acmenetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=%v|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"captcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=acmeglobe.com|cookieurl=http://www.acmeglobe.com"min_level=9max_level=19map_version=1color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[VirtualEarth]cache_folder=G:Program Filescache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=%v|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=19map_version=167level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19#level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17,18,19 more radius HQ (13->14)#level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17,18,19 even more radius in HQ (12,13->14)color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50[Google]cache_folder=G:Program Filescache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://khm*.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=%v|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"captcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=google.com|cookieurl=http://www.google.com"min_level=5max_level=19map_version=28level_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50[Yahoo]cache_folder=G:Program Filescache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=19map_version=1.8color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50[Ask]cache_folder=G:Program Filescache.service4network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://mapcache*.ask.com|path=/sat/%Z/%X/%Y?partner=|balance=1234|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=19map_version=1color_hack=Yescolor_level=12bulk_extend=50ThanksBernard

Hi Hilton,I assume you are using FSX?What I noticed is your max_lod= is set at "16" which is 60cm/pixel resolution. That's a real bandwidth clogger even if your connection is good. Try lowering it to "max_lod=15" (1.1m/pixel) or even "max_lod=14" (2.3m/pixel) and see how you fare.Also you have both "water_blending=" and "water_smoothing=" set to the "on" position. This is not recommended. The ini file clearly states:----"Recommendation: FSX users: Use water_blending=on, water_smoothing=off to get soft land/water transitions"--------"FS9 users: Use water_blending=off, water_smoothing=on to get hard land/water transitions which Tileproxy tries to match pixel-exact against coast-lines"--------"Combining water_smoothing and water_blending is discouraged. It's slow and gives weird results."----Perhaps the combination of these two factors in association with a possible connection problem have caused your "freezing".-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Thanks Ed for replying,I am using Vista 32. I will try the FS9 recommendation. The infuriating thing is that I have had this working once. I have been so pre-occupied with getting my broadband running again (3 BT telephone engineers later) that I have forgotten what changes I have made in the past.ThanksBernard

If your using FS9, then you may as well set your "max_lod=" level at "max_lod=13" (4.75m/pixel) as that is the maximum resolution available in FS9. Vista sometimes exhibits a few quirks with TP, so if you're using it for the first time with the program it's recomended you disable your Vista "User Account Control" (UAC) as outlined here: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm Also, if you wish, the FS9 version of the ini file from the tutorial is pre-configured specifically for FS9 users so if you have any other problems, you may want to try that file just for good measure. Just change the map service to your desired one and you're good to go...Good Luck and Happy Landings!-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

I think I now have the problem sorted. I am using Vista and the recommended settings for FSX work just fine. No more crashes from TP. The settings for FS9 produce horrible blocky coastlines.UAC was disabled a long time ago as were all the restrictive file access permissions that the system would let me change. I think Vista is a pain in the rectum, end of.Thanks for your help Ed.Bernard