Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

HELP! AI Aircraft Stopping On Taxiway

Hi,Just wondering if someone can help me, I have noticed at one of the airports in FS2002 (YMML) which I fly in/out of alot seems to have a problem with the taxiway that leads onto the runway. Every so often a AI aircraft would reach the end of the taxiway waiting to enter the runway and then not move at all causing the traffic to bank up. After a while the aircraft dissapears and then the traffic moves as normal until about 10 mins later when the next AI gets stuck.Can anyone help me?Thanks

Guest Airtours

if you have AFCAD open the airport that cause the problem and, in one of the menu's at the top, there is a fault finder. Use this is find faults in the overlay.More than likley the 'hld-short node' is to far from the runway, all you have to do is move it closer so's that the out red circle is overlapping the runway!!!This should sort thing out. Other than that im stuck Sorry!!

Guest allblack

I asked this very question a couple of months ago on this forum. The answer I got, which sounded sensible to me, was that the taxiway has a number of invisible 'points' leading up to the runway.If a plane (usually a 'heavy') stops behind another plane, and that plane gets takeoff clearance, the second won't have 'tripped' one of these points, and ATC won't know it's there.When this happens to me, I just taxi straight through him!That's my story anyway.allblack