Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonduck1

Various questions ....

Guest vonduck1

First of all "I am SOLD" on the whole concept of photo scenery and can see by the developers 'to do' list that this can only get better ...Now some simple questions ...1. Seeing as autogen is non functional - is it best to turn off all together within FSX and will this save processing power?2. Best weather settings presume would be 30 miles clear skies?3. Best to use 1.1m res?4. Turn traffic all the way up?I am sure there are a heap more and will continue to scan the newbie files.Cant wait until the actual airports and runways are the actual photos - will look rather great!CheersDOug

Guest cbuchner1

1) no need - Tileproxy scenery turns it off automatically2) a bit of haze can add to the realism, especially if you're flying with medium or low scenery radius at high altitudes3) I personally like 60cm res and flying low and slow4) yes, why not. Road traffic, ferries and airport vehicles work just fine.

Guest vonduck1

>>1) no need - Tileproxy scenery turns it off automatically>2) a bit of haze can add to the realism, especially if you're> flying with medium or low scenery radius at high altitudes>3) I personally like 60cm res and flying low and slow>4) yes, why not. Road traffic, ferries and airport vehicles>work just fine.>WOW!Thanks so much for the prompt reply my friend!RegardsDoug

ChristianTo access 60cm textures, what needs to be altered in the INI file? I know about this line "max_lod=16" -- but is there anyting else that needs changing?Thanks Barry