Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Red MS Brake Sign...How to get rid of?...

Guest abent

Is it possible to do away with the brake/parking brake sign. I find it gets in the way. Maybe some .cfg change?Thanks, Adam

Guest abent

Great! Thanks Laurie.Adam

Guest abent

Hi Laurie.All I could find is one from FS2000. I tried it and it locked up FS. Are you aware of one that's meant specifically for FS2K2?Thanks, Adam

Guest dogknot

Hi Adam,First make a copy of the FS2002.cfg for safe keeping (just in case something goes wrong).... Open your FS2002.cfg and scroll down to:&l;SIM&r;SYSCLOCK=1show_brake_message=1 change the show_brake_message=1 to show_brake_message=0If you don't see this line under SYSCLOCK=1, just add it in and then 'Save'.==================================================================== Another option that I like is breaktxt.zip by Martin Schrijver in the flightsim.com library.This file substitutes the red 'BRAKES' and 'PARKING BRAKES...' messages with'B' and 'PB'.

Guest abent

Man I love simple solutions. Thanks Brent. That was easy. Just modified the .cfg and... poof...brake banner gone.Adam

Guest dogknot

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Guest Rockcliffe

Thanks for the tip about Martin's solution, Brent. It's a great compromise to be able to see the brake warning without obscuring much of the panel.BlairCYOW

Guest dogknot

I really like it Blair. Just a quick tap on the brakes of my CH Pro Pedals and a little, non-offensive "B" pops up momentarily and I know my pedals are sending their signal. It's pretty slick. :-wave

Guest lwhelan

Sorry Adam,Knew I was using a different 'english.fll' to the original but picked the wrong filename - glad to see someone was able to help with the correct FS2002 version.Laurie WhelanBrisbane, Australiahttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest abent

Hi Laurie, Actually I just changed the .cfg as per Brent's directions. I'm still unaware of a version for FS2002.No prob...it's just fine now.Thanks again, Adam

Hi,I cannot find break.txt. Can you give a link please.:-)