Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Thanks for 32000 downloads! BETA 8 available NOW!

Guest southie4
Too bad about Google. I'm sure many would gladly pay a small monthly fee to use their service with TP..that would be a better way to solve the "problem" IMO. I hope the other service providers don't follow suit and demand their domains blocked too.Rewrite sounds good.. Not sure about Cuda - that would mean I have to upgrade (again...) in order to get decent performance since I'm only using a Radeon card. But that's the way Flightsimming works..keep throwing money into the bottomless pit to keep the sim running.
Gee...life has kind of diverted me from FS for a couple of years or so and maybe things have changed over time but I was surprised to see the word "only" used in reference to a Radeon card. When I was following things more closely a few years back, Nvidia and ATI Radeon seemed prettty neck and neck, with some saying one was better and others saying the opposite. Radeon now rates pretty low on the totem pole?Thanks,Robery

I'm a nVidia fan myself, but I still see people recommending ATI, mostly because of the price/performance ratio, but still.

Radeon performance in graphically intense weather is far below that of nVidia which is why most are preferring nVidia today.

Radeon performance in graphically intense weather is far below that of nVidia which is why most are preferring nVidia today.
I'm running on a Radeon and honestly, when there are overcast clouds, my FPS is still above the 30s most of the time with high to max cloud density....

Guest DierWolf

WellI installed it and well... the new static scenery is a nice addtion to fsx's default textures... But maybe somethings not configured right, when it starts to load the coast line (Water areas) is blocky and doesnt fade in AT ALL, same for some tiles, it seems its just not getting the right stuffi get all sorts of patterns in the water etc etc and areas that load are not what you see if you got saymaps.yahoo.com although i have i have it set up for yahoo .what should i look for? i followed the instructions, but maybe the scenery is falling under the layer? i dunno.i woul dhave to paste my config and ini file here for you to look over it.

I am going to Gush . . .I have been playing sims since the sky was light green and the ground darkcubes made buildings and triangles aircraftground relief were periodsputttterrr . . . pok pok .... beep ... tootthen came colorsand decalsfinally even pilot headsthen some awesome damage modelsbits of wings flying off with bullet impactswonderful fire ballsbut I stuck more to the props, WWI, WWII sceneI always felt jets and the missile thing was to video gameyI enjoyed the simple rudder, throttle and gun mix, the rolling dog fightThough I always had a copy of MSFS installed . . it was always a passing intrestadmired but quickly boredTill nowLast night I got my first look at your awesome program on FSXSir, simply putAwesomeTo, fly, to see things as they are, for the first time in 26 yearsI just flew and looked and lookedand touch and goed at all the places I knewand I loved itI got me a P51 Mustang and I had me a joyride and I forgot where I wasand just gave into the experienceLoved itOh. . .and It was realTonight I think I shall have a look at Egypt of maybe Parisyou are the Niel Armstrong for Flight SimsThanksEnd of Gush

I am going to Gush . . .
To follow on with the "gush"... Here is an example of how great TileProxy is (and Christian by inference). I've been doing some soaring lately - mostly with the DG808S sailplane and also the ATOS A.I.R. hang glider. There are some truly great/scenic places for soaring around the world and the slower speed is perfect for TileProxy. Here is an example from Juneau, Alaska - the Mendenhall Glacier. I probably should post this in "Great Places to See TileProxy" topic, but here it is:Mendenhall Glacier & Mendenhall Lake from cockpitMendenhall Glacier & Mendenhall LakeMendenhall Glacier - close-upAgain, Christian, thank you...

Guest cbuchner1

I am glad you like it so much ;)Sorry about the lack of support recently though.

you are the Niel Armstrong for Flight Sims
*blushing*

No, Its really a great peice of work, inspired , I hope Microsoft gives you credit and I hope you can make a commercial product out of it, not withstanding your generousity, I did see some intrest on th msdn blogs.Good luck and if you got the time, keep it commingBoooo to google

Guest cbuchner1
No, Its really a great peice of work, inspired , I hope Microsoft gives you credit and I hope you can make a commercial product out of it, not withstanding your generousity, I did see some intrest on th msdn blogs.Boooo to google
Commercializing is not an option. It would get me in deep legal sh*t unless I roll out my own world map service.Because I don't own any satellites yet (it is on my agenda though), I would have to license map data for many $$$$. Can't quite afford this right now. I keep playing the national lottery though ;)

It would get me in deep legal sh*t unless I roll out my own world map service.
Yeah . . I see what you mean and I hope it does not stop you from continuing developmentMaybe Baidu or :D an old soviet sattalite service might come onlineI have never seen hard honest work go to wasteand I am sureneither will yours

hi everyonemust be i most stupid of virpis who say about this, but my installation of this product kill my fsx and kill my avira, avira is nothing and reinstalled(repaired), but how i can recover my fsx? untill uninstall and install again?fsx.exe no work morevery much mods programms for fsx i realy dont whant reinstall itafter install this no work after uninstall still no work, maybe some defoult cfg files i need or something, sorry, but i 2 lazy for use absolutly unuseble(for lamers like me) producti reed instruction, but i didnt think about what this can do with fsx configuration, why ur programm no backup? why this installator something kill or change in my fsx dir, you know, just 2 days ago i think about google map or something satelit futures in fsx, i was so glad found this, andthis is sadexcuse me for my unreadeble english is not jock, i realy not shexpiriens in languages, and realy know only russion and bad russion languageif this change only scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg(in preset i uncheck "change configuration files), why?i almost cry is it, of this meansthank you all who even can read this english and spetial thanks who help with thismay i install fsx acceleration addon in game folder? may be this will help and dont kill gauges some or something? or present not so radical method?20101023065422.pngthanxp.s.guys, must be im very sleeppy, and dont say something, my system is work on xp sp3, my fsx is accelerator pack, as say aboveand some body can say what exactly change this installator, and how i recover this back?and something, when i install this, installator say what need 1gb, and i clean something and was 1.5gb free, after 15(feeftin)% was installed my "c:\" was full, so i check cancel, and install againe, but cash file drop on "d;\", and other you know, no work after uninstall no work, now no work and this fsx.exe just look at me and laugh like devil:)and some oftopic, aviasim library and forum is same? i think i got alias "einhertz" thenedit againactualy, i didnt drop ofcause on "d:", just say installer dirrectorries on other logical disck, btw is "f:\" no "d", just remembering it, when i install xp in this time was some changing so i get c:\ and f:\ and d and e, one of e&d is cd, other is virtual drivebut this is offtopic againso in config of tileproxy was f:, but game in c:\but maybe now something yet somewere writed by wrong way?p.p.smay be installator remove my native file? if yes, i just reinstall my fsx and will have fun again, and wait other reliz of this, this one maybe something uncompetible with my own settingsby the way, i catch this message in readme about uncompetible with some antivirus, but i didnt even think what this could be so radicaland for people who didnt read this one, btw read me was bigest!just say who know, what exactly i need recover in files or own fsx's files for recover defoult settings, i use this simulator just from december or about of 2008, and realy tuch this only some mount ago, so i'm real newbe in this, yes is excuz, but thats itthan you all for patient, even short text under my fingers so long, sorry, but i whant say maximum for understanding and maybe somebody so help in thisthank you

i put other post cause this important, a found somethingin scenery.cfg files in both in game dir and in appdata/etc dir[General]Title=FS9 World SceneryDescription=FS9 Scenery DataClean_on_Exit=TRUEthis is start of file, but i use fsx, no fs9, as i remember i install only for fsx and instalator found fsx dir, so maybe just change this file component? but date of game dir's file 10 days ago, but mb instalator save with old date for something or, this is normal?

must be long time gon, so i cannt edit, so new1, loock like i starting floodafter some change backaps text content in fsx.cfg from txt file, no results and i just put cd acceleration and push recovering, and whait when this genius recoping wav files(most long i think), after installator-recoverator say "all gon, we recover" this still no work, total commander wrot just error, if start from command line of lite step(win shell alternative explorer.exe) wrot "programm install configuration is uncorrect, reinstall product can recover"so guys i dont know must be i make brake with this sim, and some ,, will some play other, but will be nice to read some words from developer or advantage user, what files or and registry keys i have to recover after instalation this awesome,,,, so if wrong was wrot in register i'll give same problem even after reinstall, and maybe even after clear reinstall with cleaning register by some soft utillitesim not so much play this but install many many things on this, and this is first so seriouse problem, just today,, no, yesturday yet, i get truble with whater jises addon, and ez recover it, but look like i'm so stupid now, what i was need more and seriouses problemm and install thisthank you very much for reading this