Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Finding high res textures?

Now that we can no longer access Google textures, I am finding that Y*** textures are quite good for mainland US - but far inferior elsewhere in the world.Just wondering what places outside US people have found good textures?Thanks Barry

Guest pdrgnn

Hi Barryallover Italy Service 1 has high res textures, very clear. I love expecially flying above the Alps (mountains north of Italy. But also Sardinia island - mainly the north north east coast Costa Smeralda - is beautyful..!!)ciaoGiovanni

Guest jdeane

I have found that Service 1 can be very good for Europe, including England and Wales (but not Scotland) - but my experience has been that it is only good some of the time - mostly during the day - and reverts to patchy and blurry (i.e. not hi-res) on some but not all evenings. I presume that this is down to demand, and d/l speed, but don't know for sure if this is the reason. When it is good it is excellent, and in fact looks the same as Horizon's VFR scenery. I haven't found any hi-res scenery service for Scotland north of Glasgow, nor for the Channel Islands - anyone know if hi-res aerial photography has reached these places on any server? Jeremy