Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tileproxy news: color_hack bug fix and high altitude mode

Guest cbuchner1

Heya everyone.I finally took several hours of time to fix the "color_hack" option which has been broken since February or March this year. This option colorizes the black and white USGS map segments that are used by one major map provider for most of rural United States. The option also matches their brightness to an underlying low res scenery.Also I added a "High Altitude Mode" to the installer, allowing you to fly over 19m/pixel terrain only. This is often a truecolor version of the pansharpened LandSat imagery (depending on your selected provider, of course). This is for the jet set people who like to cruse at altitude but don't care much for the close-ups. The advantage of the Landsat imagery is that it appears quite homogenous over large areas (no apparent patchwork).Expect a minor update to Tileproxy soon to bring all these fixes into circulation.Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

Excellent news Chris. Thanks for that. Would the high altitude mode be switchable in flight or would it require a restart?

Guest cbuchner1

No, it's merely a restriction of max_lod to 11 in the ProxyUser.INI file. This reduces the tile resolution and would require a restart of FSX.This cannot currently be switched in flight although it would be cool if that happened automatically once you reach a specific altitude.The issue is that you can't just switch the BMP tile resolution in flight. FSX would be seriously confused. But what I could switch is the service's resolution levels that are getting accessed. For each layer I could set some kind of limit altitude. Probably not in this update, maybe later. ;)Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

That would be neat. Could we not acomplish the same with another service profile configured for the lower LOD? That would require an ini edit each time we wanted to use it though.

Guest cbuchner1

Hmm.. if you mapped all levels above 13 to level 13 you would get the high altitude effect. Yes this could be done with a service profile and could even be switched in flight.The inner LOD rings would then look quite pixellated when you descend to lower altitudes.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

The update is now available.I would only advise an update if you're interested in using the color hack option once again - or if you want to try out the high altitude setting for cruising with jets.If none of this is interesting to you, wait for the next updates.Christian