Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Strange joystick configuration problem

This is driving me mad since I can't figure it out - any help MUCH appreciated!I have a CH Products USB yoke and Pro Pedals that I use together with the throttle part of a Saitek X45 HOTAS system. For some strange reason nothing happens now when I assign a joystick axis to mixture, throttle or propeller. I can configure and calibrate them all and assign them but when I try to use them in the airplane nothing happens. When I try configuring them in FSUIPC 2.96 it doesn't react to any movements. Ailerons and rudder works fine and I can use e g F1-F4 to control the throttle. I've tried with Directx 8.1 as well as 9a.Everything worked fine yesterday having installed MSFS2K2 only. I have only installed some airplanes after that that earlier haven't caused me any problems.I'm having a PIV 2,4 on an Asus P4PE Mobo with 2.0 USB, 1 GB PC2700 RAM, Gainward GF4 4200 and Windows XP Pro.Thankful for any suggestions,/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest seev_39

Hi Krister,Had the same problem as you some time ago. I believe there is some conflict between the fs2002.cfg file and the FSUIPC file in MODULES. Both files include entries regarding axis.I can't explain it. Maybe others, more experienced, can. But try to reassign the axis again after removing FSUIPC (make backup).Wish you luckSeev

Seev,thanks for your reply. It's always highly appreciated when someone tries to help out amongst the zillion other cries for help in thi forum! :)Actually I ended up re-installing the sim and it works now. It's good to keep your suggestion in the back of my head for the future though.Thank again and have a wonderful spring,KristerFinland

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------