Sign in to follow this  
Guest ND6849C

TileProxy installation problem

Guest deanceran

Using XP SP3, with the latest .NET framework on a 2.8ghz Pentium 4 with 1 gig of ram and plenty of disk space, a 256mb ATI Radeon 9250 video card. I have FSX standard SP2.My problem is so confusing I ask WHY ME????I download the program, it gives me what seems to be a good install. Until I take the step where I go to my Start Menu, All Programs. I can't find the folder to start the program. So I reinstalled it. Nothing.Then I logged off, and while my wife was trying to do something on her "side", and asked for my help, I noticed she had the TileProxy folder under her Start Menu. FSX is not under login, I loaded the program FROM my login, why the HECK does it show up over THERE, and not for me????We are both set to administrator with full priviliges.Please help me fix this!!!Thanks,Dean

Guest deanceran

Further investigation: When I open up My Computer, even there the directory for TileProxy doesn't show.I tried copying the folder from my wife's "side", but I see no difference in FSX's scenery when I run it. This is despite now being able to find the DIR on my start menu.I'm really looking forward to the realistic scenery...please help!---Dean

Guest cbuchner1

Truly bizarre. Will Tileproxy run when started from her account?Christian

Guest deanceran

I couldn't risk it...it wouldn't help because I only have FSX on my login. The strange thing is even though I copied the files so it appears on my side with FSX, I still can't find anything...her side or my side under My Computer. It's like its not even there...but is.I never have easy problems. Please help.---Dean

Guest cbuchner1

Default location for Tileproxy program is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight SimulatorTileproxyDefault location for World folder isC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesTileproxy Photoreal WorldI deliberately kept it one level above the FSX folder because otherwise loading times for FSX would explode (FSX would re-scan that folder on every launch)Christian

Guest deanceran

Christian,I understand WHERE THEY SHOULD BE LOCATED...but as I indicated, despite the directory being in my wife's start menu AND now MY start menu, there is no directory listed for the first callout. The only directory visible (with hidden/system files visible) is the Photoreal World Directory, but that doesn't contain the main TileProxy files....just the sub directories for the files.Like I said, it's very very confusing.I've tried it three times now on my own. Each time it's the same: I boot up my computer cold, I am the only one logged on, under my log in I run the install, and after I'm done, I don't have anything under my start menu. I check "My Computer" and the Photoreal World directory is properly placed, but not the main one. So I switch users, and check my wife's start menu, and there are the main TileProxy files. I check HER "My Computer, and nothing shows up...despite the main directory being visible. All her settings for hidden/system files are like mine.Do you know understand my frustration?It's like the program is installing, but it's not. It's the most bizzare problem I've ever had. And I've had a computer in my home since 1984 and been on the Internet since WAY before Al Gore invented THEM. I don't get it. Maybe I'm doomed to the original scenery until FSX 11 comes out.There just HAS TO BE an answer.---Dean