Sign in to follow this  
yves956

Green and red button + joystick

Hi,Sure enough.I installed the CH control manager, and in the additional settings that are available I defined the YOKE as the primary device (initially it showed my pedals as the primary device, after install).After that the buttons work in the game with the pedals installed.So it's an issue of the device primary/secondary etc. status. The controller that is used to send commands to FS2C needs to be set as the Primary controller (Joystick 1) for the button assignments to work.How to correct this without the CH manager, I have no idea about.Tero

PPL(A)

Hi Tero,So installing the CH Manager was the trick to making it work with the pedals installed.Has anyone with the CH Manager installed experienced any (direct and reproducible) negative interactions with the LDS 767 or FSX as a result of the having the CH Manager installed?-Bryan

Bryan,The install alone doesn't suffice. You have to set the Yoke to be the Primary device. There is an "additional settings" button in the game controllers dialogue in Windows where it says (after installing the CH manager): "Select the Primary device for older applications" (translated from Finnish version). This button is not available without the CH manager.On my system the Primary device was the pedals, and when it's like that, it doesn't work. After setting the yoke as Primary, it started to work.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest jeffg

I hope that works for all who use the CH yoke and pedals. Jeff

Guest sanal

I spent one complte day to manage the CH yoke Green and Red buttons.Two times my entire PC was crashing. I many time installed and installed CH management program 4.2Try to follow the "steps for Dummies" at tutorial. I is a well explained screen to screen tutorial,but I failed to completed.(It must make me below the Dummies, I asume)IF some one can give a step by step how I shall activate CH buttons for FSC2Crew. I will really appreciate it. Other case, I have to use (-/+)num buttons.Why perfectly working FS9 Crew2 buttons assignment, not issued in FSX 2 Crew. I am sure it must be a good explanation.Sanal

Hi Sanal,If the CH Manager is causing your PC to crash, I would suggest posting on the CH support forum (I assume there is one?)Did you read the posts above about what other CH users are doing?The FS9 edition of the 767 used a different system (no DirectX).Cheers,Bryan

Guest pellelil

I can't vouch for the Pedals (since I don't own them) but I am using CH Yoke and ProThrottle with FS2Crew (Level-D 767 FSX) without any problems. The CH Manager for VISTA was released to the beta testers today and I'm happy to inform it installed and ran well on my (Danish) VISTA 64 bit.Those of you who can't use other joysticks while using CH Manager (as I recall it is so by design, verity using the documentation for CH Manager). When you are useing CH Manager (that only accepts CH Products) it "hides" the physical controllers for the operating system and is in stead presenting some "virtual controllers" - these are the ones that FSX sees (which is the reason FSX doesn't see other controllers).Personally I prefer CH Manager (via its Mode and shift button I can put A LOT of functions in my sticks), but as other has suggested an alternative (if you already got a registred version) is to use Pete Dowson's FSUIPC to simply transform the buttons on the yoke into numerical-plus/minus for FS2Crew) - another benefit is that FSUIPC offer much better calibration/sensitivity than the build in version in FSX. The following link (from Pete Dowson's forum) explains how FSUIPC can be set up for CH Products: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_Controls_with_FSUIPC.pdf[link:fs2crew.com]http://fs2crew.com/betateam.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

I believe it could happen due to DirectX joystick enumeration DIDEVICEINSTANCE results in the callback. Maybe the only solution is that FS2crew should allow a user to choose what joystick he wants to use in the presence of several possibilities. Or allow a input box to put the joystick name as stated in control panel.Jos

Just to add further to this thread - another benefit (or cool feature) using FSUIPC (registered) is that you can make a profile for a specific aircraft.I've set FSUIPC up so the rocker switch on my right yoke handle is assigned to RED and GREEN, but only when I use the Level-D 767.

Guest sanal

Lars,I just purchased FSUIPC 4. Will you please guide me how I shall identify Green and Red buttons.1- Does FSUIPC lists FS2Crew? How it will identify FS2C?2- How can I activate the smooth wind transition and avoiding major turbulence impact on LDS767ThanksSanal

Hi Sanal,FSUIPC 4 - I guess we are talking FSX here.Regarding wind smoothing, there has been some changes as how wind directions are controlled - and as far as I know, there isn't any way for FSUIPC to do that in FSUIPC - sorry.Regarding how to use FSUIPC to control the Green and red buttons - no problem. :-)First locate Add-ons (last entry in you menu bar) and select FSUIPC.On the menu, click on the tab "Buttons + Switches". Be sure that you have loaded the Level-D 767 first.Now click on the field besides Joy#.Then press the key/button on the Joystick you want to use as the GREEN bottom. When done tick the "Select for key press".Then click on Set.Now you can press the "+" sign or whatever you have assigned for the GREEN button.Check the Aircraft specific mark.Press OKNow do the same for the RED button.Regarding FSUIPC it doesn't indentify FS2Crew. What it does - is redirecting the joystick button into a key press that FSX recognizes.When you have checked the "aircraft specific" mark - it will only do so when you are using the Level-D 767.Hope this helps.

Guest sanal

Lars,Thanks you.. I finally managed to assignee Green button through FSUIPC.Now its working well.My last question , when I purchased FSUIPC 4. It looks like I purchased only FSUIPC not WideFS. Do I need purchase WideFS also?Sanal

Guest Butze

Hi Bryan, I have an analog CH Yoke with Pedals. The CH Manager is only available for USB devices. I have also trouble assigning the buttons. The only gamecontroller I connected is the CH Yoke with pedals on my gamecard connector. everything works fine except in fs2crew the green/red assignment.Any Ideas ? --Butze