Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigjjs

Button Assignment Problem

Guest craigjjs

I had the A320 and 767 working fine. When 767 updated, there was a problem and I ended up reinstalling the A320 and 767 and then FS2Crew for A320 and then 767 (with the updates). When I assigned a joystick button to green and a key to red as before, neither would work. I then tried a different joystick button for green and a different key for red. This works for the A320, but not the 767. The Start Center shows the assignments, but hey do not work. I have a Saitek X52, the buttons that I assign for FS2Crew have no assignments from Saitek or from FSX. I also installed the new Start Center.Any idea what is happening? THank you.Craigjjs

Hi Craig,Not sure. That's weird, especially how it worked before and just stopped working.Easiest solution is this.You say the Green/Red buttons work in the A320, right?If that's the case, open the panel.cfg for the A320 copy the 5th parameter from the DCrew0 gauge:dcrew0!dcrew0, 50,50,10,10, Gx4A Rx4E GBUTTON2 RBUTTON3 *The section starting with Gx4a is the "5th parameter".DCrew0 is the gauge that controls the keyboard/joystick assignments.Next, open the panel.cfg for the 767.Locate DCrew0.Copy the A320's 5th parameter over the 5th parameter listed in the 767 panel.cfg.Cheers,Bryan

Guest craigjjs

Hi Bryan,I copies the line and the Level D seems to work, although neither the A320 nor the Level D will let me assign the joystick button I originally assigned before the reinstall.I did not some difference in the line from what you wrote in your message. This is the A320, the Level D is essentially the same:gauge22=fs2crewA320Fdcrew0!dcrew0,50,50,10,10,Gx4A Rx50 GBUTTON7 RBUTTON3 The differences is the "Rx50".Does that mean anything?There are also spaces in the line, but I assumed they did not matter.Thanks.Craig

Hi Craig,Rx50 (and Gx4A) are use to tell the gauge that handles DirectInput which keyboard buttons you want to use for the Red/Green buttons. R stands for Red and G for Green.http://www.gamespp.com/directx/directInput...dScanCodes.htmlIf you're finding that the Start Center is not updated the '5th parameter' in the panel.cfg, ensure the following:1. FS is not running when you try to assign the Green/Red button.You may also want to run the FS9/FSX Registry repair tool. If your registry key for FS is missing, the FS2Crew Start Center won't be able to locate your panel.cfg.Cheers,Bryan