Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

VC and hidden Alt Knob click spot

The program works great. Only one thing: apart from Bird Strike and St. Elmo's fire effect, there is a feature that doesn't work in VC cockpit: the hidden click spot in the middle of the Alt Knob on the MCP, to have the "Seen" answer from FO. Am I right or I'm doing something wrong? If I am right would it be possible to add this click spot in VC in a future upgrade? It is uncomfortably to switch to 2d panel to activate it.Thank you.Igor Bischi

Igor Bischi

Hello Igor,I agree with what you're saying, but I'm afraid it's not technically possible given the way the 767's VC was designed around the MCP area.I cannot add gauges/clickspots area to the VC's MCP panel in particular.That's why I had to add that 'seen' clickspot to the pop-up 2D panel. It was either that or have no 'seen' clickspot available at all while in the VC.Cheers,Bryan

Ok, maybe it is possible to put the hidden clickspot in another VC area, a "very" hidden clickspot :), or something like a "virtual" clickspot in the virtual cockpit ... it would be better than nothing. It is a pity there is a VC not working features ...Igor.

Igor Bischi

Hi Igor,I could do that, or if you know anything about gauges and the panel.cfg you could also do the job manually. It wouldn't be hard to do.All that would need doing is taking the two gauges that sit in the pop-up 2D MCP panel, and putting them in the VC section of the panel.cfg.Note: You'd need to place each of the two gauges over an existing Level-D gauge (with respect to size and x,y coordinations) in the appropriate VC panel section.Putting gauges directly over pre-existing gauges is the only way to add my gauges to another company's VC cockpit given the way VC works.VC cockpits are totally different from 2D cockpits, much more complex.Cheers,Bryan

Just wondering if it is possible to add another button into the Mode change announce panel instead of the hidden click spot on the alt knob.I actually undock that panel and move it to my touchscreen when required which makes it very easy to operate.RegardsTrevg

Trevor Golding

Hello Trev,Adding another button would require a code change.However, something you could try is go into the panel.cfg, find the window section that contains the Mode Change Panel, and change 'nomenu=1' to 'nomenu=0'.You could then load the panel via the Views - Instrument menu.Cheers,Bryan