Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapHavoc

Very Nice Cirrus SR20

Guest Vulcho

Can anyone post a copy of their version of the edited .cfg file?Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

I am still at my office, but when I return home, I'll post my updates to the flight_tuning section, as well as my MOI entries. I may over compensate though, as I have a small joystick (no remarks, please :) ), so I tend to scale back the axis response anyway in most of the aircraft I D/L.... But I'll highlight the entries that make the most change, so folks can play with them.....

Any chance we could get the sr20 uploaded to the avsim file library? It is my favorite light weight GA plane. Jon

I found these entries to work best for me for this aircraft:In the "Moments of Inertia" section, I use these parameters---empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 3829.000empty_weight_roll_MOI= 4208.000empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 4839.000In the "flight_tuning" section, I use these parameters---elevator_effectiveness=1.150aileron_effectiveness=2.000rudder_effectiveness=1.000pitch_stability=2.500Never having flown in a real Cirrus, I can't say how accurate these adjustments are, but they replicate the "feel" I prefer when flying light aircraft.Some use a formula for adjusting the MOI, where I use "feel" based on visual feedback to my joystick input. I usually increase it in 1000 unit increments on each of the three axis, until I find something that I like (which for me is a smooth, but steady response to joystick input).-John

Guest SoarPics

I just d/l and made my first flight in the Cirrus SR20. What a wonderful airplane!I made my first flight, and fell in love with it immediately. It showed none of the flight modeling problems mentioned by others here. Climbed cleanly to 3500' at 400fpm. Leveled out and trimmed for level flight without a hitch. The airplane held course and altitude (didn't touch the stick for twenty minutes while I took a phone call) as well as many payware aircraft with superb flight models. Very nice panel and visual model as well.Congratulations, Guenter. And thanks for making this an airplane that has found a home in my hanger.:-beerchug

Good post Greg---I think many issues related to flight models are in fact caused by differences in controls used by simmers, and even their sense of "touch". In my case, I know that I prefer a lighter, smoother feel largely based on the tiny joystick I use. You know, I've used the same $10.00 joystick for the past ten years! :)I pretty much think this aircraft was right on, and I love the visuals. I've seen so many Pipers and Cessnas, that it's nice to see something like a Cirrus. Still, after playing with the aircraft.cfg a bit tonight, I love it even more.... It will be one of my favored aircraft, that's for certain. But having priced the real thing at Cirrus website, I have a feeling when I do buy an aircraft in the next 2-3 years, it'll be a nice, sleek, fast, used 152 or 172 :)

Guest DanWalloch

I haven't taken the time you read all of these long responces but how can you critize his FDE if you've never flown a real SR 20.

Guest racartron

Okay John, never say I'm too old a dog to try something new. I've tried your edits to the Cirrus CFG file and they do make a nice improvement to the performance.Looks like you've opened up yet another avenue for me to increase my FS experience. Thanks a bunch.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

>I haven't taken the time you read all of these long >responces but how can you critize his FDE if you've never >flown a real SR 20. This is true!My first impression of the flight model is somewhere between "stiff as brick, stable" real 172's & the more touchy homebuilt "fighter" touch I'm somewhat use too. Somewhere in between the default Cessna's & the default Extra 300.The SR20 model's nose "hunted" slightly while trimming, but I didn't find trim much of a problem. The nose on this model, also raises quite fast with application of flaps. But does the real one raise (like a 172), stay rather neutral, or pitch down like some other "low wings"? I don't have the slightest idea, as I've never flown one!!!L.Adamson

For some reason Im having problems getting this a/c to load in FS.It crashes the simulator everytime. Do you have to do something special to get this nice a/c running.ThanksEd

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Problem can be found in the panel.cfg. Gauge01 (in Window00) should read: gauge01=cad_StecSys55ap!altpreselectornosnd, 366,312,135,; in Vcockpit01, gauge14, the same again; and again in VC Switches (I've reconfigured the panel a lot, so don't know the original Window number) for gauge15. This should do the trick with crashing FS (and the subsequent FSSound.dll report wanting to being sent to MS).

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Alternatively, using the MOI formula (Empty weight x (D^2/K)) you will get:empty weight pitch MOI: 1710 " " roll MOI: 1397 " " yaw MOI: 2533which also produces an excellent flight model (trim input is still needed, but not excessively so).Hope this is of some small assistance.