Sign in to follow this  
Guest marcovermetten

fmc zfw and v speeds disappear after engin start

Guest marcovermetten

hello,i'm struggling with the fmc.the manual tells me to complete fill in the fmc with 15 minutes remaining. so i did.but everytime after (or during) starting the engines the fmc numbers i filled in are completely vanished.what could be the problem?Also another thing i encountered(and maybe it has something to do with that fmc thing.) it takes a lot of time from the moment i start one engine and the moment the both engines are stabilized.A complete pushback from a gate and still the first engine is barely stabilized, the other engine must be started yet at that time.in the meantime the pushbackofficer says '; pushback complete set parking break" and then the fo turns off the apu so it is not possible anymore to sart the second engin.please can anybody help me out with thismany txsMarco from the Netherlands

Guest marcovermetten

? is there anybody who can help me out?

Hi,FMC numbers 'vanishing': I'm not sure what you're doing to the FMC to cause that... you're not clearing the FMC by re-entering the departure and arrival airports are you?I might suggest asking the Level-D aircraft support forum for advice on this one. FS2Crew deals with the crew, not the internals of the FMC.http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.aspSame thing for the engine start. Do the engines appear to start normally?Cheers,Bryan

Guest marcovermetten

txs bryan,you are completely right.I did testing it without starting fs2crew and worked properly through the whole flow as it appears in fs2crew.and i encountered the same problems.First thing i'll do is to check it with level-d fs9 and than i should contact level-d support.I will let you know.has anybody encountered this issue before?grtz marco

Guest marcovermetten

hi,in fs2004 the level-d works properly regardingthe problem i encountered with level-d for fsx.So i'll check forum of level-d and/or reinstall level-d for fsxmarco

Hi, I had the same problem a long time ago.But I'm sorry unfortunately I can't rememember how I did resolve the problem (and I've just reinstalled all my FS so I cannot test for the time being).One thing I remember, is that it is related to Electrical System of the aircraft. There is a key assignements that must be deleted but I can't remember if it is in the keyboard assignements in the 767 menu or directly in FS menu.

vpa055.png

Guest mares

thanks a lot Stephane,when you found the solution you'll make my day!Greetz Marco

Hi Marco,I've finally found that this issue us due to Acceleration Pack.Just remove Acceleration pack from your system, and reinstall FSX SP1, then FSX SP2 (without Acceleration Pack).Your FMC's datas won't disappear anymore after start and the engines won't spool up twice.

vpa055.png

Guest ESA1178

Yeah, thank god I got acceleration pack for FSX as a gift.I didn't waste any money.I uninstalled it, now my FMC is working flawlessly.ESA1178Mark

Ok, I know this thread is old but the problem remains... in FSX with Acceleration there are two known bugs. From their site:1. I am running FSX-Acceleration and the engines don't start right away. Why?This is a known issue. A fix for this will be completed once the 757 is released. The workaround is to wait for the engine start sequence to repeat the run up. The engines will start on the second try!2. I am running FSX-Acceleration and I lose my FMC data after engine start. Why?There have been reports of FMC data loss after engine start. The workaround is to program the FMC AFTER the engines are started.So, from that my conclusions are that FS2Crew is unusable in FSX. Am I wrong?

Ok, I know this thread is old but the problem remains... in FSX with Acceleration there are two known bugs. From their site:1. I am running FSX-Acceleration and the engines don't start right away. Why?This is a known issue. A fix for this will be completed once the 757 is released. The workaround is to wait for the engine start sequence to repeat the run up. The engines will start on the second try!2. I am running FSX-Acceleration and I lose my FMC data after engine start. Why?There have been reports of FMC data loss after engine start. The workaround is to program the FMC AFTER the engines are started.So, from that my conclusions are that FS2Crew is unusable in FSX. Am I wrong?
Hi,I can't speak for those two issues as they're to do with the Level-D aircraft itself, and not FS2Crew.However, we have a very large Level-D 767/ FS2Crew user base now and I'm not hearing about problems from customers, so I'll have to assume all is well.The only known SP2-FS2Crew LDS 767 conflict is that SP2 broke the Tiller FS2Crew added to the 767. I never could fix that tiller after SP2. SP2 appears to have damaged the FSX tiller logic.But I don't think anyone used my tiller anyway.Best,

I actually own FS2Crew for LVD 767 but (sadly) didn't have time to try it out properly. I will do that and I'll report back if there were any problems. I know a lot of people have this product and are very happy with it but I don't know how many of those people have Acceleration. When somebody complained about those two bugs the only solution was "Uninstall Acceleration". This is clearly not an option if you have any other addons & stuff for FSX besides LVD 767.Well, one should not be lazy, so I'll try it out.

When somebody complained about those two bugs the only solution was "Uninstall Acceleration".
This is incorrect. The 767 for FSX and Acceleration issues have workarounds. IF the user is not willing to work with the workarounds and still wants to run the 767, then uninstallation of Acceleration is required. But, that is the users choice.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Found it on a forum:If you want the LDS 767 to work properly, turn on the fuel switches on early in your pre-flight workflow. If the flow switches are on long enough prior to engine start up, the engines will start as normal, and the FMC will not reset.I don't know why it works, but it does. At least for me.>the cockpit screens flicker This is caused by power transfer (it happens in real life).Good luck!Regard Robert!