Sign in to follow this  
baw079

SB4 problems

Bryan,just installed SB4 for FSX with FS2crew and have the following problem. If I start the flight with engines running I can access radios for SB4 use on vatsim, however, if I start as usual with the APU running so I can use FS2crew, no radios until after engine start.I have been online with Norman from SB4 for the last hour or so trying to get this working. It is possible that it is a power problem stopping my radios working on vatsim.Can you confirm if FS2crew alters the power setup, etc of the 767?I'm desperate to get online with SB4 but equally as determined to use the 767 with FS2crew.I can advise that all other aircraft (without FS2crew) are able to work the radios as they should be.Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated as I really dont wish to be removing the 767 or FS2crew for another resinstall.CheersWG

Hi WG,FS2Crew doesn't alter the internals of the LDS 767, so it's tough to say.The other day I made a test flight with SB4 and the PMDG MD11 and it all worked okay, so I don't think FS2Crew in general could cause this.I would try this:1. Post the same question in the Level-D Support to see if anyone has experienced that.2. Confirm that that your APU generator is on-line.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Brian,Same prob here.If start with default plane running I can tune SB4.With LevelD 763 with engines running I can tune.But...If I then load the FS2Crew panel settings no longer can tune, the same if I load the cold and dark leveld panel no tuning.When loading the next panel in list of leveld panels{overhed prepare or something} I can tunne again.When I cannot tune I get an error message in red in sb4 window that I cannot transmit since no frequency tuned.Hope this can be resolved.Help much appreciated.Regards...Marc

Hi Brian,I saw on the leveld forum you asking for info to narrow down the prob.So i did spme testing and here it is:-starting FSX with default boeing 737 {engine running that is} SB4 worksok.-now selkecting the leveld 767 {engines running} SB4 ok-now when I load FS2Crew panel state or LevelD cold and dark panel stateSB4 will not une radios , all other leveld panel states work just fine.So Ithink you're right , it is a panel state issue.Hope this helps to find solution.Regards...Marc