Sign in to follow this  
Guest teetee

Major Fs problem pls help!

Guest firehawk44

Have you tried deleting fs2002.cfg in your main FS2K2 folder and restarting FS2K2? Restarting will rebuild the config file and usually solves problems such as the one you're having. Hope this helps.Jim

Thanks for the help I'll try that now!!rmaan;)

Also check if you have any double (EQUAL but differently named) DLL's in the modules folder. It recently happened to me that I had 'FSUIPC.DLL' and 'Copy of FSUIPC.DLL' in that folder.

Thanks for all your help. Unfortunetly after trying waht everbody said. it still won't start up! I checked if i have any duplicated dlls, i don't! i also deleted the fs2002cfg file and restarted fs2002. when i checked in the fs2k2 folder i saw that the fs2002.cfg file had been replaced. However fs2002 still won't start. the intro screen is still there.If anyone else can offer any additional help, i'll be most gratefullthanks again for all your help!!rmaan:)

Well, I would try to temporary remove addon aircraft and sceneries. Just move all non-default aircraft to a temp folder. And remove (after making a secure backup) all non-default sceneries from your library by editing the scenery.cfg. What it comes down to is getting back to an almost 'fresh install' situation to see if you're able to run FS then. If you got any other addons, try disabling them also. Hope you get it working again soon. Afterall, what's life without FS.... :-lol

Guest teetee

adding to the last post; back up all additional scenery / panels .etc them try ms's total removal of fs. involves reg editing i think. good luck tt