Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Odd inclination

Hi guysI mainly do my flying in the Sia Marchitti and generally get on ok. The other evening I decided to fly in one of the Cessna 182s and I am puzzled because it wants to go left all the time (and severely so). If I engage auto pilot to follow any particular heading, the a/c follows the heading but has a pronounced tilt to the right ie right wing down by say 15 degrees. The last change that I remember doing was to install the revised flight model files from Realair simulations but I have had these installed before with no problems.Any ideas

Hi -The last time this happened to me, I took a look at spot view and found that my rudder was hard over one way.I think I cured it by re-calibrating my joystick from within FS2002, and increasing rudder null-zone.I guess using the FSUIPC calibrations may help also.(Dont forget to save joystick calibrations in a new default flight - this ensures that settings are applied on each boot of FS2K2)Schofi

Guest RonB49

It sounds like you have aileron trim or rudder trim out of trim. I don't remember whether the 182s have both or just one. If they have both, you may be able to tell which is out by observing the turn and bank indicator while the AP is engaged.At any rate, use Ctrl+Kp 4 (L) and 6 ® to adjust aileron trim and Ctrl+Kp 0 (L) and Enter ® to adjust rudder trim. R-