Sign in to follow this  

ATR 72-500 is out !!

Hi all,I have today uploaded my ATR 72-500 to the Avsim library. It has virtual cockpit, 2D panels, custom gauges programmed to accurately match the real aircraft systems, night lighting, a simple virtual passenger cabin, custom sounds... Has been tested by real-world ATR pilots. This will be the last release of my ATR series. Werner Schott has produced a checklist for this aircraft and has kindly allowed me to include it in the package.It will take some time until it appears in the library listing. Enjoy it! PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Paco, this is great news! Thank you so much! I'll be checking the library for it's arrival ;) Good luck on any other projects you may have! Take it easy...George

Thanks to you George, it's because of the help and support I've received form you and the other beta-testers that I have been able to finish this project.PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

I was not planing to do anything else in the ATR series. But your're so far the scond person to ask fo rthe 200. Is that the 4 blade version?PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Guest NathanT24

Yep its the 4 blade version, PLEASE say you will redo the props in the 4 blade because most of American Eagles were 4 bladed props and alot of others as well!

HOLA PACOGracias por tu excelente ATR72-500, el ATR es mi avi

American Eagle flies both the -210 and -212A (-500) with the 4- and 6-bladed props. It would be nice to see this bird with the 4-bladed props, but I think Paco's exhausted with the ATR family right now. LOL. But who knows. :) We'll keep our fingers crossed. For now, we've got an awesome plane to have fun with. Happy trails everyone :DGeorge

Guest danowat

Hi Paco,I look forward to using this new plane, just one question, what does this mean "for FS2002 Professional Edition (Works with limited functionality in standard edition)"Dan.

Hi,The Com2 radio will not work in the standard edition. The reason is that I programmed radios in xml language, MS did not provide a working variable for it. So, the Com2 radio used in the panel is the default King Air Com2 radio, which is only inlcuded in the Pro version.As far as I understand, the variable does exist if the gagues are programed in C, but if I had done that, then the aircraft would have been released by end of this year ;-) (the autopilot, made in C, has taken me more than one year). Xml language is much, much faster.PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

>Hi, >The Com2 radio will not work in the standard edition. The >reason is that I programmed radios in xml language, MS did >not provide a working variable for it. So, the Com2 radio >used in the panel is the default King Air Com2 radio, which >is only inlcuded in the Pro version. Paco,See my Socata TB20GT's .CAB file for examples of a working set of Bendix/King KX-155A COM1/NAV1 and COM2/NAV2 radios. Also included is a fully functional KMA70 Audio/Speaker control unit.Although there are several missing k_events in XML, there are 'fixes' and 'workarounds' for those issues. :)

Hola Paco, here in Venezuela almost all regional airlines have the ATR's but the only one how have ATR-72 is Lai and is the ATR72-200 so please think a little to make that version too.Por favor, ademas es el mas popular de la serie 72!, saludos y felicitaciones por tus extraordinarios ATR.Amer YordiCaracas-Venezuela

>>Hi, >>The Com2 radio will not work in the standard edition. The >>reason is that I programmed radios in xml language, MS did >>not provide a working variable for it. So, the Com2 radio >>used in the panel is the default King Air Com2 radio, which >>is only inlcuded in the Pro version.Here is the XML code to program a COM2 radio. Note that the TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER commands simply trigger a sound event via the late Bill Morad's whm_xmlSound.gau and aren't necessary for operation... - - 0 (>K:COM_RADIO) 0 (>K:SELECT_2) 0 (>K:FREQUENCY_SWAP) 0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) 0- - Tune COM2 Whole Up0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER3) 0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE)- Tune COM2 Whole Down0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER3) 0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE)- Tune COM2 Fraction Up0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER3) 0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_INCREASE)- Tune COM2 Fraction Down0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER3) 0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_DECREASE)-

>Thanks a lot for the tip! You are most welcome. One of my 'complaints' with MS's XML implementation is the lack of consistency with the command set...I mean, come on! COM_STBY_RADIO isn't a very intuitive token for COM2!!! :(