Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

a1 traffic

Guest dodger

hi all, help needed , i have been learning how to use afcad for aircraft at airports and as i am new to this flight simming it seems like i am slowly getting there , what i would like to know is how do i fill up the parking spaces say at los angeles with a lots of static aircraft, i don,t want a dozen planes all lined up waiting to take off but it would be great to have a lot more all round , at the moment i don,t understand about a1 flights etc but would like to learn more, i have looked at some how to sites but have found them from last year or older, with this g max now building the aircraft whats the way to go? thanks ,

DodgerAFCAD cannot be used to place static aircraft. It is used to provideparking spaces for aircraft which fly in and fly out. If you want to place any static object in your airport scenery you will have to use a program like airport for windows or another freeware program. Whichever space the static aircraft is placed do not place a parking space there. You can download the program from the library or the net. There are a lot of programs out there that should help you. I advise you to download the tutorials. They are a big help and the programs are not that hard to learn. Hope this helps.

get the excellent AI add on MyTraffic.....youll find it at www.simflight.com over 190 real world airlines...and two runways in use at most big airports

i love it when people put a1 instead of ai. makes me giggle.

hey Dodger, first off, yes GMAX aircraft are the preferred, but that still doesn't make it framerate friendly, the ones used for AI purposes, via PAI, AARDVARK, FSP are made to have little impact on your performace. the main reason to use GMAX or FSDS2 aircraft is that the animations, ie props, gear. etc don't usually show up when you use older non GMAX aircraft, but you find some that do.If you just want static aircraft (WHY? dynamic is so much nicer)) you can use M98toBGL to convert FS98 aircraft into static API files to place with a scenery design program into your scenery OR you can redo the flight time on your AI aircraft to just sit there and take off at night or something, that way they don't hog the runway! LOLHope this helpsRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW