Sign in to follow this  
scott967

AFCAD help - DTW airport

I downloaded a AFCAD for KDTW, it has 2 files (ktdw.txt and 2DTW.txt) I installed both of these using the AFCAD auto installer. After I installed it I went to DTW but only seen 1 Southwest Airlines plane, 1 United plane and 2 default planes at the gates! Now did I do something wrong when installing this AFCAD? I have airline packages from project AI like Southwest, United, Continental, Spirit, and US Airways so I think I should see more planes at DTW. I have my AI planes setting at 100% so why is there no planes at DTW? Is it cause I dont have a Northwest Airlines package or Delta package?I also have this problem with Innsbruck. I have the AFCAD for that airport, but the airport is always empty. and I have Transavia and Dutchbird packages too.

I've never used an auto-installer, since I don't like to push the "trust me" button.After installing airports into the AFD scenery folder, I like to run the Lee Swordy "traffic tools" airport collector utility. Save the file that results from this, and decompile the AI traffic. Delete the resulting airports.txt file and replace it with the one from the collector. Better to get a utility called AI Traffic Mover and you can use that to move some of the traffic from KDTW to 2DTW. You can create a timetable for each and know which aircraft and flight legs go through there. Armed with that info you can edit flight plans as necessary to get the effect you want. The from within AI traffic mover you can run the traffic tools compiler to get your AI traffic.bgl updated.For me, it beats trying to reverse-engineer what some auto-installer did. (No knock on anyone trying hard to build a good auto-installer, just my .02)scott s..

I was going to try and do all this manually, but it got to confusing for me. But thanks for the tips Scott :)

I think if you read the "help" included with AFCADand Traffic Tools, you will be an expert in no time.scott s..