Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

New NWA paint scheme....

Flic74Thanks for the informative pic.I really like the new scheme.Ron

This link seems to also apply:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8In this case, I'd think a shot showing a coming livery, in order to put all those in this forum who contribute repaints (ain't me, can't paint a straight line w/Paintbrush) on notice to get their creative juices flowing, falls under the guidelines noted in the link in this reply.

Guest Brent Hebert

Sorry John, according to the post you are referring to, the above photo doesn't qualify as asking for technical support.Check out a similar post in the Hangar Chat. The poster simply gave a link without actually posting a picture, which would have been preferable in this forum, considering the bandwidth usage.Brent Hebert

"The poster simply gave a link without actually posting a picture, which would have been preferable in this forum, considering the bandwidth usage."I should have caught that anyway.... I would suspect the shot shown came from some type of copyrighted source. But I don't know if "support" as defined in the link I gave means technical support, or supporting a point or theme of a thread. In the A/C design forum, we are constantly sharing shots of our projects, and those don't qualify as support as much as status updates. I've posted a few such shots here in the past week in relation to my just released project.

Guest Brent Hebert

Thanks for the link.The livery looks rather plain. Part of the tail looks missing because I am use to seeing the old logo.As I mentioned in the Hangar Chat, how can airlines layoff employees and at the same time afford to repaint their liveries.Brent Hebert

"As I mentioned in the Hangar Chat, how can airlines layoff employees and at the same time afford to repaint their liveries."I've often wondered that as well. I'm sure 600+ furloughee's are also wondering the same thing!

Guest Captain Barfbag

Not sure, but I recall speaking to a GA pilot who owned his own plane. He was saying that the FAA regs required him to paint the aircraft, either on a periodic basis or as part of the inspection regime. If so, then the airlines have the same requirements, so their choice isn't so much "to paint or not to paint" but rather "what color?"Also remember that while in-air crews may be taking extended vacations, painting aircraft is a labor-intensive activity, too. By taking advantage of down-time to do this sort of thing, NW is keeping some of their maintenance people working instead of laying them off. This seems like a better business decision than flying empty airplanes around. With so many airlines near Chapter 11, we need to applaud those who make the right choices so that their companies will be well-positioned to come back when air travel starts to increase again.

I don't know where you found this information but I can't find any mention of this on Northwest's website. I also know that Northwest does not opperate the Airbus A330 which you have pictured.Nice Joke can you come up with a livery for American Airlines... Les Dillon--Minneapolis MN..Home/Hub of Northwest Airlines.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest tallpilot

It was announced in the last edition of the Northwest company newspaper that is sent to all active and retired employees.Northwest has purchased Airbus 330's and is supposed to start them in service this year. They will replace the older DC-10's.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Take a look at the Airliners.net Civil Aviation forum, someone managed to get a shot of the next B753 being delivered at BFI wearing these new colors. As for the A330, the first delivery will be sometime in the summer. That first aircraft is still in testing in France.Joe Wagner

NW does not paint any of our a/c. :-mad They are all farmed out to vendors around the world. :-fumeSo this saves no NW employee jobs :-8, 2,125 a/c technicans will be laid off from NWA by mid April. :-( Many others from different groups will be effected also. :-(4,900 total.:-badteethJay____________________________________________________________________

Guest tcable

Bill Ball is supposed to undergo conversion for the A330's in the coming months from his current 757. They will replace the DC-10-30's in international service as they are using 757-300's to replace them in domestic service.Originally they had ordered all A330-300's but they changed it to both -300 and -200's.