Sign in to follow this  

VOR2/NAV2 - How to activate - slave the autopilot?

First, this applies to the default Cessna 172/182 (but I wouldthink it applies to most general aviation/jets as well).I have no problems in setting the frequency in the NAV1 and slavingthe autopilot to navigate from VOR to VOR. However, although I can set the frequency in the NAV2 and adjust the OBS in the VOR2 gauge,I cannot get the autopilot to slave to the NAV2 frequency.Any ideas?JerryG

I have not seen any a/c that is wired to connect the a/pilot to # 2 nav. I have flown jets that will capture GPS, VOR, INS but not # 2 Nav. Why would you want to do that anyway?

OK -No problem. Then, when flying from VOR to VOR, I realize I canplace my next VOR frequency in the STBY area, and then flipfrom STBY to the active frequency all on VOR1 and NAV1.However, I've noticed that for some strange reason, the NAV2 and VOR2 just don't seem to "track" to a VOR signalwhen I set the frequency in the NAV2 active. It's likethe VOR2 is just disabled (at least in the Cessna 182).What am I doing wrong?JerryG