Sign in to follow this  

FRAME RATE

Hi, EverybodySince a couple of weeks ago I finally got my "Dream PC"AMD 2800+ RADEON 9700PRO, PC3200-DDR 400mhz 512mb RAM, etc.With my old one I was happily flying with nice scenery and 20-22FPS.With my dream PC I get wanderful scenery but my aircrafts are flying like cangaroos at 1-2 FPS!!!I tried manipulating the display properties, but I can't get anything better. Need your friendly help, please.Thanks in advance.Franco

Guest ba747heavy

whoa!!! Something ain't right =) What drivers are you using? Make sure you have the latest 4 in 1 drivers. Make sure you have the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI. Get RivaTuner and tweak the devil out of your card, using references sites as a good plane to start(www.guru3d.com is a good one).In your BIOS, make sure your latency timings are what you want for you RAM. Things like that ought to help.Good luck

Guest FPSFREAK

Ok lets keep this simple to start with. Sounds like a nice setup but be more specific. Exactly what is your hardware setup. Once we have an idea of the specific product your running the more we can help. Let's see what we can do for ya.Bobby

ba747heavy.....considering his info on his setup doesnt provide any info on which chipset is on his motherboard I would say it's a bvery bad idea to advice him to get latests 4 in 1 drivers since if he is not running a via chipset that will screw things up bigtime....But yeah.....maybe if you specified what ur setup is more, we would be able to help you outTom

Guest ba747heavy

Tom,Ok, I admit, maybe a 'very' bad idea. However, it is not an unreasonable assumption to make that the mobo is running a Via Chipset, especially considering the amount of information the fellow gave us. If it is not running a Via Chipset, I would assume the chap with the problem would recognize the fact that I gave him bum advice, and act accordingly, ie not downloading and installing said drivers.Can you show me an AMD board that doesn't use a Via Chipset? If so, I will stand humbled before you, as I have never heard of a board like that(although, I will be the first to tell you, just because I haven't heard it doesn't mean a thing!)Tom, I am trying to help the chap out. I do not like the tone of your post, as it is to me, offensive. I hope that isn't how you meant it.

Guest PaulL01

Nice of you to want to help, thats a great attitude to have :) but when trying to give advice better to say nothing at all than to give bum advice:>If it is not running a Via >Chipset, I would assume the chap with the problem would >recognize the fact that I gave him bum advice, and act >accordingly, ie not downloading and installing said drivers. >>Can you show me an AMD board that doesn't use a Via Chipset? > If so, I will stand humbled before you, as I have never >heard of a board like that(although, I will be the first to >tell you, just because I haven't heard it doesn't mean a >thing!) More than 50% chance you just gave bum advice as the best and most popular MB's for AMD right now are sporting the Nvidia NforceII chipset not the junk VIA crap."Get RivaTuner and tweak the devil out of your card"Also not good advice, you might as well say "hey, skrew up your drivers""In your BIOS, make sure your latency timings are what you want for you RAM. Things like that ought to help."Still, nice of you to want to help, but latency timings are not going to be cutting his performance down to anywhere near this low of a level.Do you understand by way of your post this guy is perhaps wasting his time finding out if his "latency timings" are effecting FS2k2, or tweaking his ATI drivers untill he doesnt remember what he has done and now "this doesn't look right" and etc. and he might perhaps try to load drivers (via) that his machine does not suport?Try not to take offence, just try to learn when to speak up and when not.

Guest ba747heavy

I stand humbled :-)

Guest PaulL01

>Hi, Everybody >Since a couple of weeks ago I finally got my "Dream PC" >AMD 2800+ RADEON 9700PRO, PC3200-DDR 400mhz 512mb RAM, etc. >>With my old one I was happily flying with nice scenery and >20-22FPS. >With my dream PC I get wanderful scenery but my aircrafts >are flying like cangaroos at 1-2 FPS!!! >I tried manipulating the display properties, but I can't get >anything better. Need your friendly help, please. >Thanks in advance. >Franco 1.Does it play other DirectX "games" OK? If so perhaps FS2k2 needs you to tell it to use hardware acceleration:In fs2k2/settings/display/hardware menu make sure that your video card is chosen under video acceleration.If still no go, please list all your hardware and it was set up and with what drivers and OS.If you bought this from a store/shop have you given them a call?Paul

OK Friends, don't argue over my little problem! Unfortunately there are more serious situation to be concerned about.Sorry for not posting all the specs of my PC.My Mboard is a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - VIA KT400-8XAGP.If there are any further details you need to know, I'll be happy to provide them.Thanks a lot

Guest Bigshot

If I remember right, that's a problematic motherboard with the 9700 Pro. Go to www.rage3d.com and under the 9700 tech forum, do a search for that motherboard. You'll probably find all kinds of hits and work arounds. Second thought would be drivers. Search the rage forums and the www.driverheaven.net forums for exactly how to install ATI drivers. There's some tricks to the procedure.PS: Awesome machine you have there. Once you get everything working, you're gonna love FS2k2 and anything else you run. They'll feel and look like new sims.

a few things you might consider. 1. If you kept your orginal hard drive and O/S then installed all of this new hardware you might want to consider a low level format of the hard drive so your O/S will detect the new hardware from a fresh install. Anytime you upgrade that much stuff at once it's something you ought to consider. 2.Do you have all of the lastest updates for your hardware and windows.3. What are your actual setting in FS plus what tweaks are you using .FSAA can have a pretty big effect on how the performance of FS2k2 is . I really see the need for no more than 2X FSAA but that is just a personal choice. 4. Start fs at the default graphic setting and play around from there also do the same with your video tweaks. Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Thanks. I now know that my problem is Direct X and it's hard to solve because DX can't be uninstalled.I'll probably have to re install XP OS.Have a nice day.