Sign in to follow this  
Guest teetee

Stumped by joystick

I have a new Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick, which has behaved flawlessly for two weeks, now it makes all my aircraft veer to the right on takeoff. Even full left rudder will not keep the aircraft on the runway. In Control Panel, I test the joystick and it shows the rudder control to behave correctly. There does not seem to be an option to re-calibrate the joystick as I did during installation.Any ideas?Ken

After a brief diagnosis, I realized this phenomenon was only occurring at one airport. My rudder sensitivity was set rather low, and I was departing with a fairly strong crosswind.

Guest tinman

Plan on your joystick failing in a couple of months. I have one, and the contacts wore out VERY quickly, rendering the thing useless. I have spoken with many others who have had similar problems. Start shopping for a new stick now, then you won't be without one when your Logitech craps out on you.

Guest outtatimeiii

I had my Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D for like 3 years now. Never really had a problem, except for the slight "play" in the center and slight inaccuracies at times. I fly almost every day too so it has been well used.I guess I got the good joystick in the batch because I heard several people say they had problems too, mainly the rudder or throttle.

Guest teetee

i'm on #2 since dec 99 and i "fly " almost every day. for the $ i'm not to concerned. tt