Sign in to follow this  
Guest teetee

FS2000 skittish, jupiness, ATC

Two questions: Is there a way to make FS2K less skittish or less jumpy and more realistic? 2. Is there a freeware set up which gives you ATC? (Basically, I think ProPilot99 is more like real flying, but would prefer the flexibility of FS2K, so anything that makes FS2K more like Pro Pilot 99 would be helpful information).

Four things that come to mind are: FS2000 was not a good release in the MS FS series, FS2002 is much smoother than FS2000, so get FS2002.. (and it includes ATC)The default planes do not have great flight models, download improved models for the Cessna, Baron etc from the Avsim libraryYou need a reasonably powerful system to get smooth flight: I'd suggest a 2 Gig processor, 512 Meg of Ram, and a fast 64Meg+ video cardSelect your display settings with care.. if you move all the sliders to the right you can overpower pretty much any systemFailing that.. start with 1024x768x16 video, overall display setting on "medium", no weather, no dynamic aircraft and a 1Gig system should be able to handle it.If you've got the hardware to run it, FS2002 is better than ProPilot in every way.. and I own both..

Bert

>If you've got the hardware to run it, FS2002 is better than >ProPilot in every way.. and I own both.. So true..................Back in the early Pro-Pilot days, I was as great a fan of that series as is possible. Even known as a Pro-Pilot "shill" labled by FS98 users :)But that series is four years old & no longer holds a candle to what's available for FS2002. Flight models, panels,etc. Well.......... actually I do miss the "startup" of the Pro-Pilot Citation !L.Adamson

Guest teetee

hi. knowing the system specs may help in forming an accurate answer to the question. tt

I want to thank all who replied. I followed the recipe exactly, and also dowloaded an updated version of the Warrior (tdm-warriorII) and we are getting a lot closer to reality, which helps practice (free) touch and goes, etc. On the PP-99 issue, I still think I am able to lock-in real life training better with that system, although FSpro2k is looking a lot better since yesterday and maybe more can be done with tweaking etc. As an aside, there was this one PP99 tutorial Scott Brazzell created for PP99 on VOR navigation at SLC. Does anyone know if he or anyone else created any more exercises for that program? I am not finding much on the AVSIM PP99 forum or by searches on this one, either.

If you are actually running FS2K, FS2002 which has been out for over a year and a half is much better "smoothness" wise. As far as reality & Warriors go, the Dreamfleet ArcherII for FS2002 which is "payware" is excellent for real life training because the Warrior/Archer panels are very similar.If your interested in the KSLC area, download Orlando Sotomayer's Salt Lake City scenery. It add's many more data points to the mountains, and works for both FS2K & FS2002. In all seriousness, both FS2K and FS2002 are an improvement on Pro-Pilot because of the additional topography elevation data. The airports of PP99 (which by the way, was far ahead of Microsoft's FS98 regarding airports/topography at the time) are often 200-500' off in elevations in mountainous areas. The airport data-base of MSFS is nearly right on, most of the time.L.Adamson KSLC