Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Hmm, how to fix flap indicator on this great 737-200 pa

I have installed the new 737-200 FX series and married it up to a great 737-200 panel by Helio Estrada. It seems as if it all works and I've checked the flap indicator in particular which is fine.But the trouble is, when I marry this FS plane up to the equally beautiful 737-200 panel, perhaps even better, by Terblanche Jordan, which I've had for a long time, the cockpit flap indicator gives completely false readings with this specific aircraft model, i.e., when I'm actually at flaps 5, the flaps indicator reads flaps 1; when at flaps 15, the flap indicator gives me a reading of flaps 2. So I can never be sure where my flaps really are as a result and it's too dangerous to fly like this.Is there a way to fix this issue?Appreciate posts, thanks!JS

Hi JS,you can edit the [flaps.0] section in the aircraft.cfg to match the entries to those of the flaps indicator on your panel. Make sure, the number of 'flaps-position=' entries matches those on the gauge, including '0', i.e. flaps up. Also check, that the extension angle correspods to each position, e.g. 'flaps-position.5=15.000000,0.000000', where the fifth position would be flaps at 15 degrees.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Gosta:Thanks for the reply. I shall try and see how this works.JS

Guest Van

Hi,Editing the flap section in the aircraft cfg to match the flap indicator gauge on your panel doesn't always read as it should. This is the case with DF's 737-400 and PIC's panels. Also the way the flap indicator reads has to do with the way the model designer created their model. You can try the code below and if my suspicions are correct, then your flap indicator gauge should read properly.[flaps.0] //Trailing Edge Flapstype = 1 // 1 - tail, 2 - leadspan-outboard = 0.8 // 0.0 .. 1.0extending-time = 18 // secondsflaps-position.0=0.000000 // degrees flaps-position.1=4.875000 // degreesflaps-position.2=9.750000 // degreesflaps-position.3=14.625000 // degreesflaps-position.4=19.500001 // degreesflaps-position.5=24.375001 // degreesflaps-position.6=29.250001 // degreesflaps-position.7=34.125001 // degreesflaps-position.8=39.000001 // degreeslift_scalar= 1.00drag_scalar= 1.00pitch_scalar= 1.00system_type = 1 //HydraulicJust use the code above for your flaps.0 and leave all other flap sections below it alone.Regards,Van LatendressYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Van:Hmm, it did not work. In fact, the flaps indicator no longer even worked after making those edits.The default FX B732 aircraft.cfg file has the correct flap settings although I do understand your comments about this aspect. But with the Terblanche panel, all displayed settings on the flap gauge are way off and weird. With the Helio panel, all settings are correct. It is most odd.Can't think of anything else. If you or anybody else can, please post. Thanks for your help anyway.Cheers!JS

I just tried the default 734 with the Terblanche panel and sure enough the flaps indicator is off for that too. So this suggests that there is something not right with the way the flaps indicator in the panel reads the settings, no? But fixing this....ah,....!JS

Guest Van

Strange indeed. You might want to try swapping the flap indicator gauge out for one that is known to work. I also suggest heading over to YeoDesigns and checking out my 737-200 panel thread under general forums. I have put together a 200 series panel that is very close to the real thing and I have had good comments from some real world 732 drivers. There are some conditions though and they are due to me using payware gauges in order to obtain the realism I wanted. If you have the DF734 and Iron Knuckles DC-9 Packages as well as Richard Probst's 727 freeware package on your PC, then I can email you my panel cfg and bitmaps. I have a version1 and version2 package available where as you would need the DF734 and Richard Probst's 727 package for version1 and for version2 you would need the formentioned packages and the Iron Knuckles DC-9. With the panel I have put together you would have DF's overhead that is tied in and fully operational as well as many other features to bring your 732 sim experience that much closer to realism.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designerwww.yeodesigns.com

Van:Thanks again, mate! I shall experiment further and might visit you on the web at some point.JS