Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

main button and secondary button?

hi, I am new to fs2crew and just purchased it tonight and tried to go through the tutorial. I can't seem to get fs2crew to detect any main or secondary button presses no matter what key I assign them too. I click the PF button and then hit the main button and it does nothing. Is there something I have missed? I've tried the tutorial 3 times and I can't seem to get the buttons to work. I hear all the communications between ground and the cockpit and the F/o does his walkaround but clicking the PF button and then the main button to start the checklist is not working. I've made sure fs does not have the same keys assigned to an fs function as well. Andrew

Hi Andrew,Please do this:1. Open the FS2Crew Start Center (icon should be on your desktop)2. Open the "PMDG 747" tab.3. Press "Restore" in the Keyboard Joystick Section.4. Load the PMDG 747.Main Button should be Numberic Key Pad MinusSecondary Button should be Numberic Key Pad PlusWhat happens then?Cheers,Bryan

hi, I just gave that a try and no go, I tried starting fs2crew then changing the time till chocks off to +0, I waited for all the sounds to stop and then pressed the PF button and the numeric key pad subtract button and it still did not work. Nothing happens and the PF yellow light never extinguishes unless I click on it again. It just seems like its not detecting the key presses.Does the Pre flight checklist only work at a certain time? I've tried starting the checklist and different times and followed the tutorial in the manual as well as the flowchart available here at avsim and no go. I fly from the vc would that have anything to do with it?AndrewEDIT: the manual mentions I can change the assignments manually.. what lines do I need to look at and change in the panel.cfg to do that?

just to follow up on my last reply, I have now uninstalled fs2crew and the pmdg 747 and installed them again and I am still having the same problem. Andrew

Hi Andrew,You've 'activated' FS2Crew I assume.That's a necessary condition.Also, to play the Pre-Flight checklist (which can be played anytime), you need to click 'PF'.A yellow dot will then be visible over the PF button indicating that the PF(Pre-Flight) checklist is active.Have you also tried using your joystick buttons in addition to the keyboard?Cheers,Bryan

I was finally able to eliminate the problem by reinstalling directx 9, something must have been corrupt somewhere.Andrew

Hey Brian,Just to let you know I had the same problem as Andrew and a reinstall of DirectX remedied the problem. I am not sure how isolated the problem is. I read the forum for a fix to my problem and I found this thread which did the trick for me.Thanks Chuck

Chuck Biggins

Guest mcbailey

Hi,I've got the same problem and i need to know how to uninstall then reinstall directX10?Could someone please help!Thanks.Marcus

Guest mcbailey

>Hi Marcus,>>You don't need to worry about DirectX 10.>>Simply reinstall DirectX 9.>>DirectX 9 can co-habitate with DirectX 10.>>Cheers,>Bryan>Hi Bryan,Thanks for the very quick reply. I didnt realise it was DirectX9so sorry about that, but i dont know how to uninstall and reinstall that. Sorry for the confusion!Many thanks,Marcus

Guest mcbailey

oops, sorry, double post. DELETED!

Hello Marcus,You don't need to uninstall DirectX 9.Just download it from Microsoft and re-install it again.I've so far had about 5 users out of a large number who have had to reinstall DirectX 9 to get the buttons to work.I'd like to know what the common denominator is between you guys. Just a bad DirectX pre-existing file on your system? Cheers,Bryan