Sign in to follow this  
Guest raytuck

Main and secondary buttons not working with joystick

Guest raytuck

Hi Bryan,Having used FS2Crew for the FS9 PMDG 747 for some time I downloaded the FSX edition from PMDG when I purchased the 747X. Installation of both products went normally, however the main and secondary buttons will not work no matter which button I assign them to on my joystick ( a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force). I have had no problems using this joystick for those buttons with the FS9 version.After reading through the forum I reinstalled DirectX 9, but still no joy. I then uninstalled and reinstalled FS2Crew but that has not fixed the problem. I can get the buttons to work using the + or - numeric keys but not with the joystick. All the other joystick functions work properly as I can still fly the airplane.Calibration of the joystick within FSX confirms that all the buttons work correctly.FS2Crew works as expected until I am required to press the main button for the checklists.Any assistance you can provide is resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.Cheers,RayYMMLhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi Ray,The FS9 version is different from the FSX version with regards to the input method.However, if the key button assignments are working for you, I would suggest double checking your joystick buttons one more time. Try using the default joystick assignments via Start Center.If the key buttons work, which you say they do, then the joystick should work, too.I'm not familiar with your joystick, but you may also want to check if updated drivers for it are available.(On a semi-related note: I personally prefer using the keyboard instead of the joystick for the Main and Secondary button. The reason being that if you press buttons on the joystick, you can wiggle the joystick a bit at the same time, resulting in an autopilot disconnect.)All the best,Bryan