Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Start 1,2 not 3,4

A strange thing is happening. The FO is starting first the engine 1,2 and not 3,4. Then when he want to start 1,2 what it does in fact is shutdown the engines.Didn't found this in the posts so is obviously something in my system. The question is what? Everything is working as it should except this.Liked the approach in this version. The LevelD version is more integrated than this one but the new button row works very well. Is less prune to errors. Jos

Hello Jose,You're loading the FS2Crew Panel State?That's usually it.If you don't want to use the FS2Crew Panel State (which is recommended :-) ), please ensure the fuel shut off levers are at cutoff and the start switches are off before trying to start the engines.Also be sure to go slow with the main/green button.Also, be sure to search this forum... there is a link to a video showing how the start sequence works.Cheers,Bryan

Guest nilisvd

Hi,I have the same problem. I followed the tutorial flight by the word, so loaded the fs2crew panel, etc... I did not check whether the full levers are at cutoff when the panel loaded.I have another question; In the product description it is stated that the product comes with an 'international pushback/start crew'. Is this handled automatically or do I have to set the region? Because on the first screenshot on the product page it can be seen that the flight planning tab contains an 'accent region' field. In my flight planning tab this field is not there.Thnx.Niels

Guest cpt777er

i have been battling with this for months now. i have re-installed PMDG747x and FS2CREW along with the most current updates and it still definitely starts 1&2 first, then when it goes to start 3&4 it shuts down 1&2. i don't know what else the problem could be. i have followed the manual "to the letter" and i also start the FS2CREW panel state. fuel lever are definitely in the cutoff position. could there be anything else? i am out of ideas.i also find that the FO doesn't turn the autobrake to RTO as it says it should in the manual. he also doesn't turn on the landing lights upon departure when i run through the runway entry procedure.great product, nonetheless. shame i can't get over these issues....- Mils

i have been battling with this for months now. i have re-installed PMDG747x and FS2CREW along with the most current updates and it still definitely starts 1&2 first, then when it goes to start 3&4 it shuts down 1&2. i don't know what else the problem could be. i have followed the manual "to the letter" and i also start the FS2CREW panel state. fuel lever are definitely in the cutoff position. could there be anything else? i am out of ideas.i also find that the FO doesn't turn the autobrake to RTO as it says it should in the manual. he also doesn't turn on the landing lights upon departure when i run through the runway entry procedure.great product, nonetheless. shame i can't get over these issues....- Mils
Hi Mils,Did you watch the video showing how it works in action?Try using the keyboard instead of joystick buttons... sometimes a joystick button can send two signals even though you press it only once.

Guest cpt777er
Hi Mils,Did you watch the video showing how it works in action?Try using the keyboard instead of joystick buttons... sometimes a joystick button can send two signals even though you press it only once.
Hi Brian,Thanks for the rapid response. I didn't know there was a video about how it works i'll look for that. I will also try using the keyboard as you suggest. Hopefully that will do the trick!Cheers,Mils

I too have been battling this annoying engine start problem in the 747 (both 9 and now X) for a long time. Everything is set up right as far as I see. I use the FS2Crew Startup and skip pre-flight most of the time. Never been able to work this one out. I use VC.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I too have been battling this annoying engine start problem in the 747 (both 9 and now X) for a long time. Everything is set up right as far as I see. I use the FS2Crew Startup and skip pre-flight most of the time. Never been able to work this one out. I use VC.
Try this:Load the default Cessna first, and shut it down (turn its Engine off).See what happens then.Next, try not using the FS2Crew panel state.Best,