Sign in to follow this  
grajay

Crew Start Center does not work

Hi BryanI've recently installed both the 767 and 747 for FSX onto my system. Trouble is I cannot get the Start Center to start. Checking the FS2CrewFSX Start Center folder I found 2 exe files and 2 ini files:FS2Crew.exe 1618Kb dated 30/06/2007FS2Crew.ini 0Kb dated 29/06/2007FS2CrewX.exe 1658Kb dated 14/11/2007FS2CrewX.ini 0Kb dated 14/11/2007Double clicking on either exe file and nothing happens although Task manager shows activity.I should add that I'm running Vista 32. Double clicking on the icons from my networked WinXP machine brings up the Start Center OK.

Hi BryanYup - UAC disabled and logged in as Admin - I have 2 accounts on my Vista machine - both Admin but one with a password - on either account I get the Vista equivalent of the hourglass ie the circular thingey showing for about 5 seconds then nothing. Checking Task Manager - nothing is active in the Applications tab but FS2CrewX.exe is showing in the Processes.(another) One of those annoying Vista oddities. As I said - the Center (Centre) works fine over my newtwork on the XP machine - suppose I should be grateful really :)

Hi Graham,That's a weird one.I run Vista and it works just fine for me.Maybe someone else has a clue.You can always try disabling DEP globally, but you shouldn't have to do that.Try downloading the Start Center from the Download Page on the FS2Crew website.Also try disabling your antivirus/firewall as a test... you could have some odd conflict somewhere, although that hasn't been reported. It's worth a shot.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Bryan - I've tried everything (including the downloading the Start Center) but still no joy.I'm thinking that my new years resolution might just be to reinstall XP on my FS machine - but for now I'll use the Center over the network as it does all I need.Best wishes.