Sign in to follow this  

Renegade Turbo Airfile...

Hi Guys,is there a better airfile to find as replacement for the defaultRenegade Turbo.The complete package is marvellous, but the airfile is not really adream.Are there any experience...?Many thanksStefan (EDDM)

Guest DaveKDEN

I'm curious what your reservations with the stock airfile are? I feel it's very suitable, although I've never flown one in real life.

Improvements are always welcome. If you've got 'em, don't hesitate to send them our way.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest DaveKDEN

Does seem so many are willing to point out what they feel are shortcomings without providing specific information. I for one have enjoyed the heck out of the Turbo Renegade since it was released.

Stefan,I don't have any personal experience at flying a real world Renegade, but I have ridden in a couple and frankly I feel the airfile included with the 270 package to be about right. I have chatted with some realworld Renegade owner/pilots and their comments seem to fit the RSDG's FS version.Bear!

Hi,the only thing what I have to object is the trim issue.If I am airborne, I have to fight to get the plane in acceptable stable attitude.Please don't missunderstand me, that's only a question and nota complainWith my best regardsStefan

Guest SoarPics

Stefan, I hate to bring up this point, but... many times what many feel are software "problems" are in fact problems with their hardware.Case in point, in another thread here yesterday some were writing of the exact same issue you mention with regard to the new Cirrus SR20. I've flown the same aircraft and found it to be extremely stable (though I've never flown a RW SR20). Also, having recently done a re-install of FS2K2 after upgrading to WinXP, I find most of the default aircraft fly very stable without .air or .cfg tweaks.Imagine how difficult it is for someone creating an .air file to try to program for all joystick possibilties, both new and used. Personally, I wouldn't want to go there!Regards,

I agree with Soarpics on the hardware issue. I believe 99 percent of the tweaks I've made are related to trying to get a tenth life out of my already "9-lived" joystick, which is ten years old, inconsistent and does not always seem to react according to what logic should dictate... OTH, I am so attached to the thing I can't bear to let it go, as I can fly with just a finger on the yoke while balancing my 3 year old toddler with the other nine :)I did post a few tweaks in the Cirrus thread for people who run into this issue. But I am careful to say that my tweaks were based on improving how the aircraft felt in my perspective. The default .air and .cfg may be right on. -John

I figured "my" system was a problem on allot of ac. I've heard people talk about fsuipc and how its helped with their controller. Anyone have any tips on how to "tweak" the settings in there to help with joystick confs. I've looked in there and it all looked like latin to me.